[PAID/FREE] Upgrade/Copy of Nathaniel's Highlight Message Backgrounds for 2.0.2

Started by Wolfy175, July 01, 2012, 08:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy175

As the title says, I'm wanting this mod upgrading for the latest version of SMF. Either that or a new one writing that does the same thing. I'm wanting the premium member usergroups on my forum to have their posts highlighted so that it is easily visible they are a premium member and people are more likely to look at their posts.

As for payment if someone could do it for free that would be great (I know there are a lot of others who are wanting this mod upgraded), but I am willing to pay for it completing. The amount I have no idea as I'm new to this whole mod thing and don't know what would be a reasonable offer.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Ralph.

Arantor

It's actually very very much harder to do for all versions after the last version listed - you see, 2.0 RC1 (and its sub-variants 1-1 and 1.2) used the same basic theme as SMF 1.1.x, called Core, while 2.0 RC2 and up, including 2.0.2 uses a very different theme called Curve.

The problem is, Curve does post backgrounds with a single massive image - which is how the curved corners work, and replicating that in a mod is quite difficult, especially with all the Curve variations out there, which is why no-one has picked it up in almost 3 years since 2.0 RC2 was released.

Wolfy175

Thanks for the reply. Is there any other way to make the topics of certain member groups stand out in the board? I'm wanting the topics created by different member groups to stand out in some way, whether it be a colour background or the colour of the text etc

Thanks again

Ralph

Arantor

That's the problem: other than the two predefined colours in the theme, plus a third colour used for post moderation, there really is no easy way to do it that isn't specific to the exact theme you're using, which is why no-one's implemented it as a mod in 3 years (and is unlikely to happen now)

Advertisement: