News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Twitch tv mod or block

Started by deciph3red, April 22, 2012, 09:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deciph3red

Ive posted at twitch.tv and they basically pointed me in the right direction for the API but am hoping there is an easier route.
Does anyone know how to setup a block to show streams of users that are actually online and streaming?  As of right now i just have an html block that his the links in it. . . but looking at sites like teamliquid. . . i see its possible.  Any help would be greatly appreciiated.

Colin

I suppose you could simply put the embed code inside of the block code. Not sure if that helps.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

TheListener

Hi deciph3red

Firstly what is twitch.tv?

Do you use a portal? The embed code can be placed in a php code if so.

deciph3red

twitch.tv is a streaming website like youtube, but streams live.  At this time I  basically just have an HTML block setup with links to each players stream. . but want to have it only show users that are online and streaming.

Also, im using portmx

TheListener

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

TheListener

Oops

Hey I have an excuse it's almost 4am here.

:P

TheListener

Have you made a post on the mods support topic or at their own forum?

deciph3red

yes i posted at twitch, and they gave me a link to the API, and no i have not posted in the mod section.

I was hoping someone here at SMF has already done this and I could just use their work.

TheListener

Quote from: deciph3red on April 22, 2012, 11:13:58 PM

I was hoping someone here at SMF has already done this and I could just use their work.

This is why I asked if you had made a post in the mods support board!

:)

deciph3red

Quote from: Old Fossil on April 22, 2012, 11:15:21 PM
Quote from: deciph3red on April 22, 2012, 11:13:58 PM

This is why I asked if you had made a post in the mods support board!

:)

No sir I did not. 

KarmicStigmata

So I just found this post and I am actually in the progress of creating one on my website!  We have the stream(s) up right now and are on working out the kinks with the API.  Once we get it figured out, we might try and integrate it further and release it as a mod or a block.

deciph3red

awesome news.  Cant wait to help test!

deciph3red

Well, after a couple of years, I have decided to give her another go.  This is what I have so far. . . . .

Installing Simple Audio Video Embedder v4.5 lets me EMBED or post the videos in a post. . . . . however I can't seem to find anytihng that lets me post the link to my channel and actually either show the video (if its live) or a link to the page (if it is NOT live, which it actually does).

Long story short, if I post a link to "https://www.twitch.tv/videos/183112402" it displays the video with play button and all.  Works great.  If I post a link to my channel (remove /videos/183112402 and add my username) it simply displays as a link to the live channel.

https://www.twitch.tv/deciph3red is my channel.  The link posted above under "/videos/183112402" is a link to a video I recorded on MY channel.  I know there isn't really a way to write a parser that can figure that out, but I swear I have had it setup before to where we all had our own SMF posts linking and showing our live ONLINE and OFFLINE status in SMF before (keep in mind its been a few years).

Considering the age of this thread, has anyone figured this out yet?

Advertisement: