Not offering (User)NAMES when i start typing it to send new message

Started by warezxts, April 23, 2012, 11:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warezxts

Hello!
My problem is, where i can type registered member names (for example: new private message to...). the name is not offering, but a thin black line appear (may the empty offer box).
What i tried and failed to correct the error:
type begining of known name (maybe just not shown or name is in background) and try to select by press DOWN key.
Change theme to default, maybe the theme is too fron and the box is under it.
Downgrade 2.0.2 --> 2.0.1 --> 2.0 version of forum.

I have many many plugins, and dont want to uninstall them with all of settings, because if its turn out its just a minor problem i get crazy :)

It would be nice if someone can tell, which part in which file is responsible for this offering box.
may i can figure it out something. Of course full solution is welcome also :)

How is it looks like... 1. empty box  2.start typing with know name (you can see thin line to try offering every names started with "ware...."

http://postimage.org/image/vkam75sp3/

Thank you in advance!!!!!!

Matthew K.

It could either be an issue with the theme, or JavaScript. Do you have JS enabled on your browser? I'd honestly suggest contacting your theme author.

warezxts

Javascript is working, i tried it with different computers, even different browsers.
The theme cant be wrong, because its worked before, and i tried with default theme also.
I used firefox inspect element and found this (pic), but cant identify the file itself.
If i could i try to modify autocomplete=On.

Matthew K.

The Craw

I've seen this issue before with mixed file and text encoding, and the UTF-8 byte order mark being inserted into the document, thus fouling up the response text for Ajax calls. Are there a few funny characters on top of your forum? Something like:

warezxts

Thanks for your answer. No, there is not. the char.encoding must be fine. a choose UTF-8 from the begining to avoid my language (hungarian) and installed plugins (english) confusion.
If you know the relevant filename, which is responsible for this specified problem. i can examine it.

The Craw

What I would do from here is activate your browser's console/error-log, then try the name list. If it comes back with errors, those should be helpful in narrowing down the problem.

warezxts

The Craw

I tried to check out the page on your website, but I couldn't get past the anti-spam question on the registration form. Whatever language that is, I don't speak it. LOL  ;D

warezxts

please make a try again, its the simpliest antispam, just write "ok"
you can find send message menu "Privát üzenetek" menu, and "üzenet küldése" is the send new message.
you can try it out my problem, to start type my name "warez" in the "Címzett" field.

BTW its Hungarian language :)

The Craw

The Craw

The problem may be with the auto-suggest script. It's sending an XML response back to the browser, but the names are not being put into it. This is why the JavaScript sometimes puts an empty box below the field where the names would be if there were any returned.

Error

TypeError: Result of expression 'aItems[i].childNodes[0]' [undefined] is not an object.

The Craw

I suspect that solving this issue would take more time than I currently have available. Maybe someone else would be willing to do a more in-depth analysis for you.

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

warezxts

required files...
QueryString.php and Subs-Editor.php from Source directory
Xml.template.php is from themes/default

warezxts

Ive got a modified file from emanuele, and i attach the error in the errorlog here:

emanuele

Okay, my suggestions are useless, but at least there is an error...why the heck didn't I ask you before to check the error log? ???

Here it is the answer:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=472077.msg3299872#msg3299872

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: