Building my membership

Started by CP563, April 24, 2012, 12:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CP563

I am an experienced web content writer but this is my first time creating a forum (chronicpainboards.com). I started it because I live with chronic pain and I know there are other forums out there, but they are very confusing to use. I love Simple Machines --made it very easy to set up. However, I am not positive how to promote this forum --- it's not like promoting a coupon site or a game site. It's about chronic pain and that's NOT fun...so I don't want to make light of it.

I'm very experienced on Twitter/Facebook but I want this to have more reach than that. Best practice when finding members?
Thanks for any advice!

Bigguy

Making a page on facebook and showing it to all is a good way to promote a site these days. A lot of forums out there now have showcase boards like the one here you can post in to attract people. Getting a google adsense account may not be the way to go but I guess it works for some people.

CP563

Thanks. I'm a web content writer by trade and have a number of sites that I do very well with Google Adsense with (pays my mortgage). I'm a website creator not a forum creator, so it's hard to judge how that will do---trial and error. I have a big Facebook presence, so perhaps I will start there--I just think having a FB page sort of defeats the purpose of a board. People will post on the FB page and not the board...but I'll give it a try!
Thanks

Biology Forums

Answer questions posted by the yahoo answer community and as a source, add: For more information, visit chronicpainboards.com.

CP563

Thanks -- I know it's important to be very careful on hxxp:ask.com [nonactive] and Yahoo Answers. It can appear as spam so you do have to answer selectively.

Thanks again!

Biology Forums

Quote from: CP563 on April 24, 2012, 08:19:41 PM
Thanks -- I know it's important to be very careful on Ask.com and Yahoo Answers. It can appear as spam so you do have to answer selectively.

Thanks again!

Very true, but once you get picked as the "Best answer", people will less likely claim it as spam, because it is legit.

Advertisement: