News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Modification System

Started by Orbit Storm, August 22, 2012, 03:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orbit Storm

I'm looking for advice/tips on possible Modification Systems for SMF; something akin to what vBulletin offers. I'm not interested in spending $200 or more for a vB license, thus why I'm hunting for something of similarity here on SMF.

Does such a thing exist? If so, what are my best options?

For reference on what I'm looking for, have a look-see at this page:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=191465

Thanks in advance!

Kindred

huh?

first - when requesting something, please explain -- SPECIFICALLY -- what you are looking for. Linking to a page is pointless... especially since that page is full of babble... I actually have no idea what that thing actually is claiming to do, even after reading it 3 times.

Sionce I am unsure what you are actually asking for------
- SMF already has the package manager...
- there are 2 or 3 download system mods already. SM Download Pro actually can create a post when a new file is uploaded. So can AEVA...

Finally - if you are looking for a mod - then you should be posting either in the mod requests section or the help-wanted, paid section...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

emanuele

I think it is something like to the mod site.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Kindred

that's what I thought... but it was not actually all that clear.

However, as I pointed out - if someone wants a mod (especially a major mod like what this appears to be asking for), that person REALLY needs to clearly layout the requirements - not point to something and say "make it like that"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Orbit Storm

Okay, first off.. I never demanded the mod, or even asked someone to make it FOR me; therefore I don't appreciate being lectured about where to post and how to post. I asked if such a thing exists, and if so.. what are the best options (because typically, there are several deviations of any given addon). The Mod Request and Support sections are for just that, requests and support - this thread is neither of those.

The link I provided is more than sufficient to give anyone an idea of what I am looking for. The page itself IS a version of the Mod System included with vBulletin, and the entire thread I linked to, lays out the various features of the system. If you're not familiar with the system, then that's fine - but there's no need to try to "moderate" me, or sling wild accusations about what this thread is, in absence of having a legitimate response.

Without writing a book, I don't really see how I could have been any more explicit in my post - reading comprehension is a plus when responding to someone's post.

Kindred

well, I never said anything about demanding...

As for whether something like that exists - mod requests is actually a good place for it - or try doing a search?
I did actually answer your question in my first response.
Quote from: Kindred on August 22, 2012, 11:02:42 AM
- there are 2 or 3 download system mods already. SM Download Pro actually can create a post when a new file is uploaded. So can AEVA...
Other than those... no, no such mod exists - and the SMF mod-site is not available for download at the moment.

and even better than reading comprehension is clarity in the post, which means that reading can be comprehended. :P
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: