Remove "Last Edit"

Started by Diego Andrés, May 02, 2012, 11:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

Quote from: johnpaul2k2 on February 20, 2013, 10:56:56 AM
is it possible to remove all "last edit" automatically???
Well, you can remove the code for displaying it. I'd put that in the Tips and Tricks board instead though.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

There should actually be a master on/off switch in the admin panel that hides it for everyone regardless of who did it or when.

NanoSector

Quote from: Arantor on February 20, 2013, 02:15:58 PM
There should actually be a master on/off switch in the admin panel that hides it for everyone regardless of who did it or when.
Hmm that's convenient, isn't it? :)
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

It's in the Current Theme page ;)

NanoSector

Quote from: Arantor on February 20, 2013, 02:28:37 PM
It's in the Current Theme page ;)
I see, I have no localhost installation and my site is too slow to look something up "quickly", heh. There are quite some interesting options there, tbh. :)

Anyways, I'm going to rewrite this mod to use AJAX sooner or later. Got myself kinda familiar with it, even though I'm still learning jQuery and JS in general.

Timothy85

Do you need help with a translations to dutch?
I'm from holland.

PM if you want

Greets Timothy

NanoSector

Hey Timothy,

I'm Dutch, myself, too! :)

Though, if you want to translate the mod, go ahead, much appreciated :)

NekoJonez

There is an occasion where this mod doesn't work. And that's when you edit the post icon. Then the mod doesn't show the sign to delete the "last edit by..."
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

NanoSector

That's something in SMF, not in this mod. Refresh the page and it'll show up.

Arantor

That's the point... if you use quick edit, there's no option to hide last edit.

NanoSector

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2013, 06:20:33 PM
That's the point... if you use quick edit, there's no option to hide last edit.
JeA is talking about that the last edit by doesn't show up at all from what I understood (which has zero to do with this mod), what you are talking about is another thing which I'm not planning to add/fix.

Arantor

That's not what he said. The mod 'doesn't show the sign to delete the...' Quick edit doesn't show any options for anything. But last-modified WILL get logged by it.

NanoSector

True. I'm not planning to add support for that anytime soon.
I misunderstood it, though, as it happens :)

NekoJonez

There is this mod where you can have that text box for why a post is edited.

Of course this mod and that mod aren't going to like each other I guess. Can I do anything about that?

I'm talking about this one:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=349
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: NanoSector on April 05, 2013, 06:47:15 PM
True. I'm not planning to add support for that anytime soon.
I misunderstood it, though, as it happens :)

Yeah, I noticed it would not show on a quick edit... UNTIL you refresh the page.
This is just due to the page not being refreshed after using the quick edit.

Arantor

And yet, the AJAX return does actually include the <modified> element which contains the relevant information to make that a thing.

NanoSector

I can look into it later if it's such a bother. No ETAs.

Burke ♞ Knight

To me, no big deal... I just do a quick refresh if it's a post I don't want to have last edit on.
If it's a post that last edit being shown is okay, who the heck needs to see it right after they edit?

alexetgus

Translation for french :

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.french.php" error="skip">>
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
// Remove "Last edit" mod
$txt['remove_edit_sign'] = 'Retirer ce message';
$txt['remove_last_edited_error_1'] = 'Donn&eacute;es erron&eacute;es dans la fonction rlem_do, Subs-RemoveLastEditMod.php';
$txt['remove_last_edited_error_2'] = 'Vous ne pouvez pas effectuer cette action.';
$txt['remove_last_edited_error_3'] = 'Action non valide.';
$txt['permissionname_rlem_do'] = 'Retirer \'Derni&egrave;re &eacute;dition par ...\' du message';
$txt['permissionname_rlem_do_own'] = 'Retirer \'Derni&egrave;re &eacute;dition par ...\' de tous vos messages';
$txt['permissionname_rlem_do_any'] = 'Retirer \'Derni&egrave;re &eacute;dition par ...\' de tous les messages';
$txt['permissiongroup_simple_rlem_simple'] = 'Retirer les permissions du mod &quot;Last Edit&quot;';
$txt['permissiongroup_rlem_classic'] = 'Retirer les permissions du mod &quot;Last Edit&quot;';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Translation for french-utf8 :

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.french-utf8.php" error="skip">>
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
// Remove "Last edit" mod
$txt['remove_edit_sign'] = 'Retirer ce message';
$txt['remove_last_edited_error_1'] = 'Données erronées dans la fonction rlem_do, Subs-RemoveLastEditMod.php';
$txt['remove_last_edited_error_2'] = 'Vous ne pouvez pas effectuer cette action.';
$txt['remove_last_edited_error_3'] = 'Action non valide.';
$txt['permissionname_rlem_do'] = 'Retirer \'Dernière édition par ...\' du message';
$txt['permissionname_rlem_do_own'] = 'Retirer \'Dernière édition par ...\' de tous vos messages';
$txt['permissionname_rlem_do_any'] = 'Retirer \'Dernière édition par ...\' de tous les messages';
$txt['permissiongroup_simple_rlem_simple'] = 'Retirer les permissions du mod "Last Edit"';
$txt['permissiongroup_rlem_classic'] = 'Retirer les permissions du mod "Last Edit"';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Link mod translated on demand.

Advertisement: