News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post Scheduler

Started by Drover, May 02, 2012, 06:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drover

I didn't see anything like this, but a great mod would be one that allowed you to pre-write and schedule posts/threads to be added at pre-set time intervals.

vbgamer45

Could be made not hard to do. Main thing though would need access to cron jobs to allow postings to occur on time instead of just going by SMF's task scheduler which requires a visitor to the site in order to active it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Alb0

This could actually really come in handy for me as well. Would love to see it made

Drover

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 02, 2012, 07:19:21 PM
Could be made not hard to do. Main thing though would need access to cron jobs to allow postings to occur on time instead of just going by SMF's task scheduler which requires a visitor to the site in order to active it.

Even something with the task scheduler would work for what I'm looking for.

vbgamer45

Done attached submitted to mod site for SMF 1.1.x and SMF 2.0.x
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

NoobDeveloper

Thanks. But looks like there is some issue with text other than english language.

I posted
Quoteमराठी मायबोलीस आणि माझ्या असंख्य मराठी व अमराठी

and it showed up as ??? ???? ?????

vbgamer45

It might haven't tested it with other character sets.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

NoobDeveloper

Your help in this regards will be highly appreciated.

vbgamer45

Sorry busy at the moment don't have the time.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

this was a one-off customization that was never officially made into a mod and has no expectation of support...  vbgamer's comment is blunt and brief, but appropriate in this case.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NoobDeveloper

Is the effort required for this is too much  ? say 4-5 hours ?
Actually my forum is not English and i would love to have this mod.

vbgamer45

Yes I really don't have the time even less time for unofficial mods I do many many things.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

NoobDeveloper

ok no problem...can you point me to right direction on how to do it ? I am a C# dev and will love to try a work around.

vbgamer45

Check the functions that handle strings work with utf8 check database tables that they are utf8

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

live627

convert database table postscheduler to utf8

Advertisement: