Maybe not an SMF question, but.......

Started by tekfrk, May 06, 2012, 03:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekfrk

Hi everyone,
Im using portamx 1.45 on my SMF forum.
I have a block built for banners and I would like to tag the banner.
If someone clicks on the banner I have installed, I would like for the company that the banner belongs to, to be able to see where the banner was clicked from.
Hence, if the ckick the banner on my forum, how can the banner owner know it was clicked from my forum?

Can someone help with this or point me in the right direction?

NanoSector

The banner owner needs to take care of that.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

nend

It would matter if your hosting the banner or if they are hosting the banner. If they are hosting it then they definitely would have to figure something on their end. If your hosting it there are ways in coding up a tracker or such, but IMHO not needed.

All they have to do is on their landing page be able to track where the visitor was referred from. They can also do this from Google Analytics if they like.

If you need better statistics though there is Double Click. It is from Google, it lets you run banners that either your hosting for free or a customer has paid for. It gives you quite a bit of details and maybe that is what your looking for. Link is here https://www.google.com/intl/en_US/dfp/info/welcome.html , also you can run other advertisers with it and have sort of a competing ad slots.

Advertisement: