Carry out administrative duties > Manage and assign membergroups

Started by Wazza, May 12, 2012, 05:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazza

Hi I would like to give permission to   "Moderate > Membergroups"
which this option allows them to approve Membergroup requests and view membergroups

BUT to do so they also get permission to "Admin > Membergroups > Edit/Add Membergroups"
Which I don't want them to mess with?

is there any way we can have these two actions separated in the permission's as first on is a Moderator task and the second and Admin Task

The only permission option I see that controls both these this is: Carry out administrative duties > Manage and assign membergroups

emanuele

You can set members as moderators of a particular group, once moderator they should be able to approve members requests for that particular group (if I understood correctly how membergroup moderation works... :P)

To set a member as moderator of a particular membergroup you have to edit the membergroup and introduce the name of the moderator/s in the field "Moderators".

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Arantor

emanuele

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Wazza

I was told in my other post this function doest work and should make a request to have it added.
Hence this post requesting and other asking how to?

I have run the simulation then were does the moderator go to add them if you have premissions administrative duties > Manage and assign membergroups / set to No?

emanuele

Quote from: Wazza on May 12, 2012, 08:34:42 AM
I was told in my other post this function doest work and should make a request to have it added.
Why it doesn't work?
I just tested it and a normal member can approve requests to join to a certain group...

Hence this post requesting and other asking how to?
The ticket. :P
BTW it's not a problem, I was just joking. ;)

I have run the simulation then were does the moderator go to add them if you have premissions administrative duties > Manage and assign membergroups / set to No?
???
I'm not sure what you are asking here...
I can describe what I did:
1) create a Requestable group, in the filed moderators add the name of member "approver".
2) from an account "emanuele", I go to profile > modify profile > group membership and I request to join the group created in 1.
3) login as "approver" go to moderate > membergroups > membergroup requests and approve the rquest.
In this test "approver" is a member without any special permission, a regular member.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Wazza

This fix isn't going to do it, just tried and tested but still the same no access to add member request

To clarify where I'm looking....under the tab Moderate the option within "Membergroups" allows you to approve or reject a member making request to join.

However to have this option display you must allow in permissions administrative duties > Manage and assign membergroups to be on.
but the side effect to this is then the have aces to "Admin > Membergroups > Edit/Add Membergroups" which I would prefer to have not accessed.

Adding a moderator as you suggest to the board is not allowing them to add member requests as above, unless in this option they add them to the board by another method elsewhere?

emanuele

It's *not* a board moderator, it's a *group* moderator.
You go edit the group to add a moderator in this case, not a board.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Wazza

OOOPPPS! ... "Group"  :o WOW okay I get it now! that worked just as I wanted.

Thank you for your help :) :) :) :)

Wazza

I should also say now this makes more sense to add this to the group and not the board. As the board or boards are assigned to the group.

Again thank you all  ;)

Arantor

You mean, exactly as I told you in your other topic. That's exactly where I was suggesting you put it.

Wazza

Agreed Arantor.

As they say "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"

In my case I didnt see the water      ...but I'm learning to look harder O:)

Thank you also  ;)

Wazza

Advertisement: