News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP - Converter] IPB 3.2/3.3/3.4

Started by emanuele, May 17, 2012, 03:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

Go to your ACP --> maintenance --> Recount forum totals.

You can also use this MOD
https://github.com/Spuds/SMF-Admin-Toolbox

That allows to recount user totals
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

punjabizone

i am use the mod its work now , its show the total post count

thank yo so sososo much margarett you help me a lot
you are good supporter thank you so much Margarett
Quote from: margarett on July 14, 2014, 02:31:56 PM
Go to your ACP --> maintenance --> Recount forum totals.

You can also use this MOD
https://github.com/Spuds/SMF-Admin-Toolbox

That allows to recount user totals

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

nayson

Just tried this.
When the converter was converting posts, this happened:

Converting posts (this may take some time)...

Notice: Undefined variable: result in public_html/smf/convert.php on line 2491

Notice: Undefined variable: result in public_html/smf/convert.php on line 2492

Warning: get_resource_type() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in public_html/smf/convert.php on line 2733

Notice: Undefined index: db_fetch_assoc in public_html/smf/convert.php on line 2737

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in public_html/smf/convert.php on line 2737

margarett

I found this topic
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=510153.msg3599822#msg3599822

It's not related to the same converter, but it might apply, dunno, you need to test (let me know if you need help in doing it)

In either case, it has to be something specific to your setup as this didn't occur before with this converter...

piratx

Hello guys and what a nice community, glad I made it to SMF.
I am an angry IPB user, and now I feel a happy and lucky to move to SMF.

Still trying to find a way to get my old users/topics etc etc

margarett

Hi and welcome to sm.org.

Quote from: piratx on April 13, 2015, 09:28:46 PM
Still trying to find a way to get my old users/topics etc etc
Well, this is what the converter is for. Did you try to use it? Are you struggling, don't know what to do? Can we help you somehow?

vampiretrix

I've got an IPB 4 board, but I'm really sick of IPB and how it works (it breaks constantly, for the most laughable reasons).

I'd like to convert it to SMF, but is there any way to do so with this converter or does it require a completely new converter?
If so, is there any converter already available?

Thanks for the help,

Kevin

margarett

Hi

I believe that this is the most updated converter for IPB and it covers 3.x.
It is possible that it works for IPB 4, or not, really. It depends on the database changes that existed.

We can only tell by trying :P

mm21xx

Hiya!!

I'm pretty new to all this, but I've been trying to get through the conversion of IPBoard 3.4.7 to the latest SMF, but right away at the conversion, I get this:
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories...Duplicate entry '255' for key 'PRIMARY'

Any help on this to continue the conversion?

Thanks!

margarett

Yes, there is an easy fix for that. I'll explain later when I'm at the computer ;)

mm21xx

Excellent, I'll be waiting impatiently for you reply!  ;D

Thanks for your time you take to help us out!

margarett

OK, so...
Categories are stored in a table... you guessed it, smf_categories ;D
The ID of the categories is an unsigned tinyint, which means that it stores a maximum value of 255. When fetching data from other platforms, original IDs are kept and your origin IPB must have a category bigger than 255, which makes it be stored as 255 (the upper limit). Do that twice and you get a duplicate error.

So, we need to fix that.
Go to phpmyadmin, table smf_categories, then SQL tab. Write the following:
ALTER TABLE smf_categories CHANGE id_cat id_cat SMALLINT(4) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;

This will change the column to be an unsigned small integer, which stores a maximum of 65536.
Then restart the converter and this problem should be gone ;)

mm21xx

Thanks, that worked out well.

Welp... After some hefty time of converting, I stumbled accross this error now:
Converting posts (this may take some time)...
Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes

I'm assuming that this is a setting that can be adjusted somewhere in the script?

Thanks in advance.

margarett

Uh, that is new to me :o

Gave it a quick search and it seems a MySQL configuration that prevents a maximum amount of information to be sent to it at once. If you can access your MySQL configuration, set max_allowed_packet to a greater value and restart it.

You can also try to lower the number of posts that the converter tries to send at once (although this will make your conversion much, much slower).
In your .sql file you should find this:
---* {$to_prefix}messages
Add after a number of posts to do at once after it. If nothing is given the converter uses 500 (IIRC, not totally sure). So try, eg:
---* {$to_prefix}messages 100

postpar

There is supposed to be a 3.2-3.4 converter at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=477019.msg3363755#msg3363755 but I can't seem to dowload it? I found the other file as the first post. I would love to have this since I have to bring ina  WebWizForums database and the only way I can do it is through IPB!

Illori

that attachment had been removed.

postpar

Ummm... any reason? (Note: for me it was part of a two step process to get out of WebWiz Forums. However I wasn't able to do step 1 since the IPB converter doesn't work.)

Illori

for some reason the author of that post removed it. no idea why.

postpar

Oh - thanks. Odd, he kept the original script up!

Advertisement: