News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP - Converter] IPB 3.2/3.3/3.4

Started by emanuele, May 17, 2012, 03:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricGagne

Hello,

I am having issues with a conversion.

First, the environment.  I am moving from IPB Hosted community to SMF on my own VPS.   Not having access to phpMyAdmin on Invision's side, I had to use the "SQL Backup" option in the admin control panel which creates a SQL file.

I created a database on my server and ran the SQL file to import the data.  This seems to have worked but I cannot check its validity because I can't install IPB on this server to "test" the database.

I created a local version of conf_global.php with the correct information for the converter to get the IPB database connection info. 

First time I ran the converter, I received Unknown system variable 'SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE' errors.  It seems to be related to the version of mysql so I edited the conver.php file and changed all those to MAX_JOIN_SIZE.

That seems to have fixed this problem but now, right at the start, the converter gives me

Converting members...Field 'buddy_list' doesn't have a default value

and stops there.  I searched this topic for "buddy_list" but I seem to be the first one reporting such a problem.   

I would appreciate any help.

Edit:  And now I just realized the converter title says IPB 3.2 to SMF Converter.  I am converting from 3.4.7.   I downloaded the files from the first post in this topic, is there a newer version ?

postpar

If there is not a newer version, can you use PHPMySQL? It';s standard in CPanel installations. You could use that to give buddy_list a default value. Or you could go into the converter, and comment out any references to buddy_list. I don't think your members will object to its loss or reset.

EricGagne

Problem fixed.  It has to do with the way MySQL 5.x handles TEXT columns with no default values.   I only needed to disable strict mode.

CrazyTech

Nevermind. Think I got it, thanks!

CrazyTech

Well, I got past my earlier error, but there were so many errors with this conversion that I don't know where to start. All accounts came over as guests and topics didn't make it. I'm now unable to login so I don't see me having the knowledge to get this converted over. SMF was worth a shot, but oh well.

This is with IPB 3.4.8.

margarett

Several people already used this with much success so I would guess that we should try again?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

CrazyTech

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getAttachmentFilename() in /home/adonai/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 2339

That's the first error, because the usernames aren't coming over. It looks like the actual topics have, but none of the accompanying data linking them to the individual forums, etc. I tried to work through a couple of the errors, but I saw stuff like this on almost every page.

I can delete everything out and start afresh I suppose, but it seems like a lot of issues that might be a bit beyond my coding knowledge.

Bigdesaster

Hello everybody,

I tried to convert my board from IPB3.4.7 to SMF2.0.11

Just got an errror converting  personal messagess but i can skip this error by increasing start in URL
QuoteConverting personal messages (step 2)...Duplicate entry '555-4' for key 1

The real problem i got is that the most boards are moved to "general caterory"
Some categorys were created but empty, others were even not created.
What could be the reason for this and how to fix?

thank you

Bigdesaster

Hello again,
i was able to fix it myself

Just open ipb3_to_smf.sql and search for:
/******************************************************************************/
--- Converting boards...
/******************************************************************************/
Replace
SELECT
b.id AS id_board, SUBSTRING(b.name, 1, 255) AS name,
SUBSTRING(b.description, 1, 65534) AS description, b.position AS board_order,
b.posts AS num_posts, IF (p.parent_id = -1, 0, p.parent_id) AS id_parent, b.inc_postcount AS count_posts,
        '-1,0' AS member_groups
FROM {$from_prefix}forums AS b
        LEFT JOIN {$from_prefix}forums AS p ON (b.parent_id = p.id)
WHERE b.parent_id != -1;

i replaced it with:

SELECT
b.id AS id_board, SUBSTRING(b.name, 1, 255) AS name,
SUBSTRING(b.description, 1, 65534) AS description, b.position AS board_order,
b.posts AS num_posts, IF (b.parent_id = -1, 0, b.parent_id) AS id_parent, b.inc_postcount AS count_posts,
        '-1,0' AS member_groups
FROM {$from_prefix}forums AS b
        LEFT JOIN {$from_prefix}forums AS p ON (b.parent_id = p.id)
WHERE b.parent_id != -1;

Immort

Hi,

I would like to know if this project is still ongoing, and if newer versions of this converter will be coming up?

I am very interested to convert an IPB 3.4.3 into Simple Machines. 3.4.x is the latest IPB board that is available for people with perpetual licences, so there are many of us already who are interested in another good forum software.

Many thanks,

jack208

I am looking to convert IPB 3.4.5. Is this still active or no further progress? Thanks in advance.

d3vcho

I believe there has been no progress on this for too long.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Qunir

I used IPB 3.4.6
Please help me. What i can do?

Converting members...
Notice: Undefined property: mysqli_result::$EOF in /usr/home/Qunir/domains/qunir.usermd.net/public_html/convert.php on line 2718 Notice: Undefined property: mysqli_result::$Fields in /usr/home/Qunir/domains/qunir.usermd.net/public_html/convert.php on line 2722 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /usr/home/Qunir/domains/qunir.usermd.net/public_html/convert.php on line 2723 Fatal error: Call to undefined method mysqli_result::MoveNext() in /usr/home/Qunir/domains/qunir.usermd.net/public_html/convert.php on line 2728

d3vcho

Hello,

Sorry but currently we don't have any member working on the converters, so your issue will likely remain unsolved...
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Advertisement: