News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Database processes

Started by Bose321, May 23, 2012, 03:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bose321

Not relative anymore.

ScottReddicks

I also face the same problem.If you got some suggestion.Reply me soon.

Bose321

Do you also have Aeva installed?

The processes I see are all sleep processes and seem to spike. Last night I had to login to the database to stop all of these because they increased litterary with second.

butch2k

Which mods have you installed ?

Bose321

• Aeva media
  • Bakers Dozen Pages
  • SimplePortal
  • Bot Buster

butch2k

hummm...
Do you know many simultaneous MySQL connections you are authorized to open by your host ?
How many people are connected to your board when this happen ?

Bose321

I'm not sure, but from what I've seen in the past the website tends to crash when there are 25+.

The number people on the site varies, but usually it's around 15-20 when it happens I believe.

butch2k

Looks like you hit the limit of your package, a single user might requires 20/30 queries just to display a page using SimplePortal, with 20 users online it's highly possible to reach 20+ open DB connections at the same time on a shared hosting and slow package.
Did you activate permanent database connections in SMF admin panel ?

Bose321

No I have not. I've been running these mods for 4 years now. Last few months this problem has occured. Loads have happened, but I do not what has caused it.

Storman™

Have you got "Recent Posts/Topics" module active in Simpleportal? That's known to kill it if resources are tight.

Also, are you able to consider optimising MySQL or do you not have access to the server files (such as my.cnf) ?

Bose321

Quote from: Storman on May 25, 2012, 02:52:01 PM
Have you got "Recent Posts/Topics" module active in Simpleportal? That's known to kill it if resources are tight.

Also, are you able to consider optimising MySQL or do you not have access to the server files (such as my.cnf) ?
I did, turned it off but same problems.

I do not have access to such files.

It's really bad right now, I actually written a script that checks for sleeping processes every hour and kills them. I know it's a bad and dirty 'fix', but else my website simply doesn't stay on...

I am really frustrated and have no clue what's wrong...

Tyrsson

Who is your host?

How many active users would you usually say is online when this occurs?

What type of hosting do you have? Shared, VPS or dedicated?
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Bose321

Quote from: Joey Smith™ on May 29, 2012, 12:04:44 AM
Who is your host?

How many active users would you usually say is online when this occurs?

What type of hosting do you have? Shared, VPS or dedicated?
Not sure about that, I believe a friend of mine who hosts it has a small company. The controlpanel login says Ellmore Consultancy.

The amount of users varies between 15-20 I believe.

I honestly don't know about wether it's shared/dedicated or a VPS.

Bose321

This error pops up alot on my website:

[Sun Jun 03 14:30:58 2012] [error] [client 78.165.150.209] PHP Warning:  mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/sites/lfsdatabase.eu/public_html/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 136, referer: http://lfsdatabase.eu/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=449

I've just reinstalled Aeva media to see if that would fix it, but it didn't...

Also uninstalled Bot Buster, so that was not it either. I really think something is wrong with (my) Aeva media...

Arantor

That error is unrelated to Aeva Media.

It is also discussed in great length elsewhere on this forum (as a search would quickly confirm, including the real cause of it and a solution)

Bose321

I think I which thread you're talking about, but that did not solve it for me.

Arantor

Then you didn't read all the thread.

Bose321

I have went through all pages and tried all code snippets that were posted.

Arantor

The snippets solved the problem related to mysql_real_escape_string, if you still get the same error flooding over and over, something else is wrong. But it's impossible to tell given how little information you're providing.

Bose321

I applied that fix, and it did solve the errors I got, but it did not solve the actual problem with the amount of sleeping processes.

Could you be kind enough to tell me what I can provide as information so I can be helped better, instead of telling me I provide so little information?

Advertisement: