News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

404 on admin panel

Started by spinner, September 01, 2005, 06:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Hi,

I've just done a cnew installation of SMF 1.0.5 on my server, and I am having a very annoying issue:

When I log in as admin and access the admin panel in order to set up the boards, I can access anything on the page just fine - except the stuff in the left hand panel.
Clicking that gives me a 404 error in MSIE and a "The requested URL /forums/sources/' . $scripturl . ' was not found on this server." in Opera 8

However - when I access the urls in the address bar, i.e forums/index.php?action=manageboards everything works just fine.

I've tried setting user rights and mod_security bypass via the .htaccess tip, but to no avail.
A check on the settings tells me everything is fine - no errors found.

any input on what this may be ?
Running it on my ISP's server, so I have limited rights.

thx for help,

~S

dtm.exe

$scripturl should not be in your sources dir.  Try using repair_settings.php.

What is repair_settings.php?

spinner

Thanks for the tip but I did that :-)  - I'd seen the advice to set the cookie from smfcookie10 to 11 and also to set the dbsessions to off.

That did not help.

My filestructure is as follows:

mainweb_html
   forums (smf folder)
      smf folders and files.

I havent done any chmods - they're all set to 755

~S

[Unknown]

"The requested URL /forums/sources/' . $scripturl . ' was not found on this server."

Is obviously wrong.  Why is /sources/ there at all?  Does this happen with the default theme as well?

Have you modified any files or installed any modifications?

ALL links should be to /forums/index.php.  None should be to Sources (and even less than none to the nonexistant sources.)

-[Unknown]

spinner

no - I haven't modified anything, and yes, it happens with the default theme as well.

I wanted to check everything worked before I added anything new.
The funny thing is, this happens with the admin module only, none of the others - and when I do a workaround, it works fine as well.

~S

[Unknown]

Did you upload the files with Frontpage, Dreamweaver, or a similar editor?

-[Unknown]

spinner

[Unknown]

Strange.  I can't imagine what would cause such a link.

Subs.php is the file that should contain those links.  Can you try uploading a clean copy?  If you search the file for "sources" (matching case) do you find anything?

-[Unknown]

spinner

let me try that in the morning - right now I am pretty sleepy (GMT + 1) and I dont want to make any mistakes.

Thanks for the help so far - I'll keep you posted :-)

~S

spinner

I tried it, and it worked replacing the subs file with a clean one - maybe it got corrupted under upload or something ?

Thanks muchly for the help - appreciated :-)

~S

Advertisement: