Announce topic to send copy to sender - avoid repeated announcements

Started by OCJ, June 05, 2012, 09:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Announcements I can sort of understand, but if they just posted it why do they need a copy of it? And no, there isn't a fix that I know of nor can I be bothered to trawl through the code yet again.

The code is designed that way for a reason: it assumes, perhaps naively, that people are reasonably intelligent. Dumbproof is impossible: there will just be a better class of dumbness come along to defeat it.

OCJ

They are just end users. Wouldn't believe how tech-illiterate many people are. I got asked 3 days ago about how to reset a password.
Basically, doing this in clubs for 7 years, they assume that if it is sent out to everyone they will get a copy - mailing list style,. Same deal as the Announce Topic doesnt send a copy to the sender they assume the system isnt working.

Anyway, never mind. I will tell everybody to post topics, then link to the calendar as many mods and functions dont work thru the calendar posting method.

Arantor

Yup, don't always need a technical solution to what is not a technical problem ;)

jdgretz

Arantor -

Would it be safe to assume that this same sort of code is present in the Newsletter function as well?

If so, then I'll go wandering through the code to see if I can find it and make the same hack to send Newsletters to the sender.

Thanks,

jdg

Arantor

Off hand I can't remember, been a while since I looked to be honest.

Advertisement: