News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Is there a way to popular disqus comments on site to a thread in SMF?

Started by thegeekknows, June 16, 2012, 01:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegeekknows

as above.. need this very crucially.. will appreciate your recommendation..

Kindred

well, since the "as above" is rather lacking in clarity and explanation, who knows?
We have no idea what you are actually asking....

DETAILS are important.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ricky.

He is talking about DISQUS service which allows you to have their hosted discussion system in your site, but I wonder why he need to replace as USP of SMF is the DISCUSSION system simply because  its a forum system :)

thegeekknows

hi thanks for the reply... the reason why i am doing this is because.. pple are chatting on the disqus sys rather than going to the forum.. am hoping this will make the forum more alive by having the discussions mirrored over there... is this possible?

Kindred

first of all, both of you, please try using standard English, not crappy text-speak.
(in other words, use capitalization, punctuation, spelling and grammar)
It makes questions and answers SOOOOOOOOO much clearer.

Second, why are you using disqus if you intend to have a forum?
They seem to essentially overlap functionality...

Third, if you insist on duplicating efforts, and if disqus sits on your server and uses mySQL and PHP, then yes, you can probably mirror discussions. If not, then it becomes much more difficult.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mick.

Yes there is. I made a mod last year. ::)
Its in the mod section ;)

thegeekknows

Thank you all for the reply.

1) The reason why i am using this is because my readers tend to post at my blog hxxp:thegeekknows.com [nonactive]  via disqus. Very minimal traffic follows to the hxxp:thegeekknows.com/forum [nonactive]

Therefore it is my hope that when people post to disqus at my blog, the forum gets populated too making it less quiet. In the long run, i hope this will encourage posting in the forum itself.

2) Mike, your mod is great but it is to install disqus on the forum.  I do not want this.  I need to have comments made on disqus on my blog appear in the SMF forum..

i hope someone can be kind enough to spare some time to help me ...

Arantor

I don't believe it is possible to do that, Disqus maintains everything on their server.

Mick.

Correct. Disqus is a 3rd party app in which the end user has no control over it. It relies in URL's and having two different domains wil not work.

Ricky.

Quote from: Kindred on June 16, 2012, 06:40:33 PM
first of all, both of you, please try using standard English, not crappy text-speak.
(in other words, use capitalization, punctuation, spelling and grammar)
It makes questions and answers SOOOOOOOOO much clearer.
Or may be some new TERMS for you like DISQUS :P

Advertisement: