News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post being edited without my knowledge

Started by !RFAN, June 18, 2012, 02:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

!RFAN

Hi,

I'm facing a strange problem. Many posts on my forum are empty. These post were not empty before, but someone edited them and posted empty posts. Strangely it shows my name in "Edited by...". I know I cannot make a post without any text in it. But somehow i have topics on my forum with no text in posts. Who edited them? Please help me.

Thanks

kat

Change your password, PDQ, I would suggest.

!RFAN

Yes i have changed the password. But why it is happening? How to prevent?

kat

It's a pure guess that someone managed to get your password.

You could tell your host about this and ask them to check their logs, I s'pose.

Shambles

My cPanel gives me an option to view "raw access logs" which reveal a lot of useful information about who went where and did what...  8)

mybiafraland

Does Raw access logs give detailed information on each of the forum activities?
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
on another note==>> Before sex.. you help each other get na'ked, after
sex you only dress yourself.... Moral of the story:
in life no one helps you once you're fuc'ked
My mentor's Blog hoping  my site beats nairaland someday

!RFAN

if someone gets my password then he will have to login and edit the post. But no user can make a post without any text in it. But the edited posts are empty, they have no text in it. How one can make post without text in it? Even if he gets password?

Arantor

They could have replaced it with certain space-characters that would effectively look blank.

Colin

Or they made changes directly via the database.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Arantor

If they're made via the database it seems unlikely they would also update the 'last edited' time and name fields at the same time.

Colin

Good point -- didn't think about that.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

!RFAN

There are many empty topics on my site now. I have changed the passwords.

Colin

Colin

!RFAN

I can see text in "body" when i checked the database. it means body has text in database but nothing is being shown on the page of post.

example:  http://www.amigozone.com/upcoming-movies/upcoming-movie-mission-impossible-4-ghos-protocol-tom-cruse/

Colin

Colin

kat

Quote from: !RFAN on June 21, 2012, 04:12:44 AM
I can see text in "body" when i checked the database. it means body has text in database but nothing is being shown on the page of post.

example:  http://www.amigozone.com/upcoming-movies/upcoming-movie-mission-impossible-4-ghos-protocol-tom-cruse/

I'm seeing "-=| Please Make Post if You need Help |=-", on that page.

Should there be more?

!RFAN

Quote from: Colin on June 21, 2012, 04:14:29 AM
Is this now happening for all posts?

i do not know if this is happening now or not. because i cannot check it without keeping an eye on each and every post, which is impossible.

Quote from: K@ on June 21, 2012, 05:39:21 AM
Quote from: !RFAN on June 21, 2012, 04:12:44 AM

I'm seeing "-=| Please Make Post if You need Help |=-", on that page.

Should there be more?

That is my signature. It is not part of Post.

YogiBear

Coming at this from left field : do you have someone in your memberlist named 'krisbarteo.' ? This was one of his/its tricks along with avatars vanishing.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

kat

Dunno if this is relevant...

But, when I visited your site, Avast went mental!

I also got
QuoteError
http://www.blinkbox.com/Movies/Catalogue/Free?utm_source=Fox&utm_medium=popunders2&utm_campaign=FreeMovNS1

about something, even though I didn't click anything.

Plus, the "Clicksor" ads are horrible!!!

!RFAN

Quote from: YogiBear on June 22, 2012, 10:08:50 AM
Coming at this from left field : do you have someone in your memberlist named 'krisbarteo.' ? This was one of his/its tricks along with avatars vanishing.

I have deleted him i think :s

Quote from: K@ on June 22, 2012, 12:12:45 PM
Dunno if this is relevant...

But, when I visited your site, Avast went mental!

I also got
QuoteError
http://www.blinkbox.com/Movies/Catalogue/Free?utm_source=Fox&utm_medium=popunders2&utm_campaign=FreeMovNS1

about something, even though I didn't click anything.

Plus, the "Clicksor" ads are horrible!!!

Can you please explain  what do you think what is happening? And what should i do?

Thanks

Advertisement: