SamplePurple

Started by CrimeS, July 03, 2012, 01:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xofydna

hi,
unfortunately I tried both those suggestions, and it doesn´t seem to have changed anything.
Andy

CrimeS

It seems to work for me, the menu tabs are not overlapping anymore:

Do you edit the right index.css in ../Themes/SampleAzure/css ?

xofydna

I´ve been going into Admin/Current Theme/Modify Themes/SampleAzure/Edit this themes stylesheets

and making the changes there.

Is that right?

CrimeS

I would imagine that you can do it through there, but I don't know if it works properly. I recommend to use notepad++.

But it seems that you fixed the problem. If not please send me screenshot of exactly what's wrong, as it could look differently on your computer :)

xofydna

Well maybe we´re using different browsers.  I´m using Chrome on a Windows 8.1 machine.

CrimeS

Same browsers :) Attach a screenshot.

xofydna

Try navigating to the URL shown in the screenshot, and then use the horizontal slider bar.

CrimeS

I see it now

find:
.logo
{
height: 136px;
width: 100%;
/* background: url(../images/theme/topbar.png) repeat; */

}

and replace with:
.logo
{
width: 90%;
/* background: url(../images/theme/topbar.png) repeat; */

}

xofydna

Thanks for your continued help with this, but unfortunately.....no, it didn´t work.  :'(

CrimeS

I can't see change on your forum, the width is still 100%. You can try to lower those values to even 80% if you want to. You can also try here:

.logo_content
{
display: table;
padding: 0 17px;
width: 90%;
}

xofydna

message with raw css deleted

CrimeS

Please place your index.css into an attachment as in here the important bit is being cut. I'll try to edit the code tomorrow and give you the ready file (tomorrow evening).

xofydna

ok, thanks a million.  ;)

I´ve attached the file.

CrimeS

The file that you've attached contains all the changes I suggested.

I looked on your forum and there's no horizontal bar, maybe it takes a bit for the css to changed if done using your way?

PS. can you edit your message with the raw css? It's hard to scroll down that much :)

xofydna

hi yes of course, I´ve deleted the raw css.  I think the real problem is my own poor programming, because I´ve modified a classifieds mod in a rather amateurish way, with little regard for table formatting, and now they render all over the place.  I think I need to go back to html school !!

So thanks again for all your assistance, and well done on a really great theme which has a very professional appearance.

CrimeS

Thank you! If you need more help with just write a message in the topic :)

xB420WA

hey can you tell me how to show News?

CrimeS

Add this code anywhere in index.template.php (of course without breaking the code):

if (!empty($settings['enable_news']))
echo '
<h2>', $txt['news'], ': </h2>
<p>', $context['random_news_line'], '</p>';

Advertisement: