News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to change the name "Child Boards" to "Sub Forums" or nothing at all.

Started by LotusJoe, July 27, 2012, 12:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LotusJoe

I am new to Simple Machine Forums. So far it works really well. I have installed version 2.0.2 on my web site. It is a automobile enthusiast forum. How can I change the name of "child boards" to "sub forums" or "sub boards' or nothing at all?

TIA
Joe

Kays

Hi Joe, welcome to SMF. :)

That was a common request at one time and I'm surprised there's not a mod for this ???

In the Default theme languages folder, open index.{language}.php where {language} is thelanguage you're using. Search the page for "Child boards" and replace the text to what you wish it to show.

Do backup that file before making any changes to it. :)

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Doburpally

S-ace did have a mod called "Rename Child Board | S-Ace" how ever he obviously removed it.
Here is a mod that changes the Child Board to Sub Board.

The advantage with S-Ace's mod is that you can change the name from child board to anything you like in the admin menu.

File attached for S-Ace's mod ;)
If you can't get the mod to work try to emulate a previous version e.g 2.0 RC5, go here for more help.

// Mod removed /Kays

LotusJoe

Thank you....it worked perfect.

Quote from: Kays on July 27, 2012, 02:10:06 PM

That was a common request at one time and I'm surprised there's not a mod for this ???

In the Default theme languages folder, open index.{language}.php where {language} is thelanguage you're using. Search the page for "Child boards" and replace the text to what you wish it to show.

Kays

Cool glad that did it :)

@Reaper.CSF. I've removed the attached mod from your post as it's unlicensed. That for the thought though. And the confirmation that there was at least one mod which did this. :)

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Doburpally

Oh sorry, I assumed that since he had made the mod and it was in the modifications area that it wouldn't be a problem. :-\
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind for next time ;)

faliro

Quote from: Kays on July 27, 2012, 02:10:06 PM

I can't seem to find index.{language}.php - any advice?

Illori

it is in your themes/default/languages folder

also next time please open a separate topic for your issue, this issue belongs to someone else, is a very old topic and is marked solved.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: