Updating from YaBB SE 1.4.1

Started by Ion, September 05, 2005, 03:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ion

I need to update my boards from YaBB SE 1.4.1 to something a little more modern, but I'm unshure about the smoothest way to do this.  My biggest concern is not loosing all of the posts and users that are already on these boards ( hxxp:factory4.org [nonactive] ).

My motivation for updating these boards is the version of PHP my server was running has been updated and no the boards have quit working.  (If you guys don't think such a thing is the source of my problem, prehaps I should go further back, any help is appreciated.)

Assuming you still think I should update, and I could do it without loosing the database of stuff already in place, which version of YaBB do I update to?  What is the smoothest way to do that?

Thank you very much for any help you can give.

Rob.

Alexandre P.

You will first have to upgrade your forum to YaBB SE 1.5.5.  The upgrade script can be found on YaBB SE's website: http://www.yabbse.org.  Then you will have to run the SMF 1.0.5 (or 1.1 Beta 3 Public, if you want to use the lastest public beta) upgrade utility.  Everything should be good in the upgrade process, but just as a protection do your backups before you do anything else ;)
Aucun support par M.P., courriel ou messagerie instantanée / No support by P.M., email or I.M.

Ion

hehe, backups were done before I even asked the question...  Thank you for the help!

Advertisement: