which is the ugliest smf template ever?

Started by Tio Rojo, September 05, 2005, 04:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tio Rojo

I'm looking for a really bad taste template for my forum! It can be a poor combination of colors, or a a freaking kick in the eye of the beholder.

Any suggestions? thank you!

nokonium

On our board we offered peeps over 500 posts the opportunity to design their own theme, most didn't bother a couple we wished hadn't.

And

tentronik

[lol]

;D

I kinda like the 1st  but could be improved and what does "Rhubarb" mean?

Deaks

isnt that a veg/fruit  something like that
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

kegobeer

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

nokonium

forsakenlad

Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

tentronik

ahhhhhhhhh - - hmmm i like em with much sugar!

;D

{lol}

In warm climates rhubarb will grow all year round, but in colder climates the parts of the plant above the ground disappear completely during winter, and begin to grow again from the root in early spring. It can be forced, that is, encouraged to grow early, by raising the local temperature. This is commonly done by placing an upturned bucket over the shoots as they come up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhubarb

Tio Rojo

Quote from: forsakenlad on September 05, 2005, 05:07:59 PM
This topic is really useless...

Talk for yourself mister!

Nokonium! Is there a place where I can download the pink one? I want it please!  :)

dtm.exe

Don't you guys think that this topic is an insult to "ugly" theme authors?

Deaks

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on September 08, 2005, 09:38:36 AM

It is .. but all things being equal people do have the right to say if they think a them eis ugly or not... yet its all the opinion of the poster
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

dtm.exe

Quote from: Uncle_Bryan on September 08, 2005, 10:00:58 AM
It is .. but all things being equal people do have the right to say if they think a them eis ugly or not... yet its all the opinion of the poster

This is true...  Although in this community, we want everyone to get along :).

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

dtm.exe

Quote from: Uncle_Bryan on September 08, 2005, 10:03:46 AM
been no fights yet on the 2 themes posted

I'm not saying that the theme authors are going to lash out and start a flame war.  I was leaning more towards the fact that they might see this topic and be offended.

Tio Rojo

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on September 08, 2005, 10:04:49 AM
Quote from: Uncle_Bryan on September 08, 2005, 10:03:46 AM
been no fights yet on the 2 themes posted

I'm not saying that the theme authors are going to lash out and start a flame war.  I was leaning more towards the fact that they might see this topic and be offended.

Rhubarb leaves are poisonous, you can only eat the roots...

nokonium

Quote from: Tio Rojo on September 08, 2005, 05:55:21 AM
Nokonium! Is there a place where I can download the pink one? I want it please!  :)

You are welcome to have the stylesheet for this theme, PM me with an e-mail addy and I'll send the style sheet to you.

[thinks]At least the member is happy with it and that keeps her off my back  ;) [/thinks]

nokonium

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on September 08, 2005, 09:38:36 AM

Why? I posted themes requested by members, I did as requested, they are happy and so am I so long as I don't have to see those ones. I am just offering customer service  :D

Skoen

Alf Otto 'Skoen' Fagermo
Retired Norwegian translator

Richard North

I think it's pretty safe to say that the themes 'as originally developed' aren't ugly... hence there's no insult to those wonderful souls who make our lives so much easier by making them. They're all smarter than me and I'm happy to admit that. :)

The ugliness is our doing (well, Obblie's doing  ;)) by responding to direct requests from members... some of whom appear to have rather 'strange' decorative ideas.  :o

The question is, who can challenge our 'ugly' champions?  8)

nokonium

Advertisement: