News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

More weird spam stuff

Started by cgallery, August 09, 2012, 03:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgallery

I started this thread last week:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=483202.0

This morning I got another one of those spam messages.  So I was able to look at the server's log file and a few minutes before the spam there was some interesting activity (in regards to how SMF was being manipulated).

Should I post the part of the log (about 10 lines) publicly, here?  Or should I be sending that to someone privately?

Thanks,
Phil

Kindred

if you feel it is a security issue, send it to [email protected]

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cgallery

Okay I sent it yesterday.  Didn't get an auto-response or anything.  Hope it got through.

IchBin™

We got your email cgallery. The email you attached didn't seem to have the full header though. Can you attach the email with the full header?
IchBin™        TinyPortal

cgallery

Quote from: IchBin™ on August 10, 2012, 03:04:52 PM
We got your email cgallery. The email you attached didn't seem to have the full header though. Can you attach the email with the full header?

Okay, I just sent it again, but this time I included the text of the headers (the Mozilla "message source") in the body of the message.  Hopefully that is helpful.  If you need anything else, just let me know.

Arantor

I don't see any discussion of this internally, nor have there been any changes that I'm aware of that would change email accessing, but I do know that the weakest points where spam could be generated are being phased out.

Advertisement: