Moderator Stars dont display

Started by Sofie77, September 06, 2005, 06:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sofie77

Hi all,

at first, i had searched for my problem, but could not find anything about that.

The Problem is:

For some categories we have Moderators. If a Moderator write a post inside of the categorie where he is self moderator the Stars are dont displayed in every categorie.If the moderator post what in a different Categorie as the own categorie the stars are displayed..but not the moderator stars..the normal stars.

If i look in the edit membergroups the blue Moderator Stars are displayed and the image "stargmods.gif" is in the correct theme image folder.

If i make a right click on that image and watch the properties for the path where the "stargmods.gif" is, so show me a patch like this

........../images/stargmods.gif

But if i look in a categorie where a moderator have a post and i click on that that dont displayed image the path end with just

/images/

maybe thats the problem?! hope u know what i mean..sorry for the bad english...

tx all :)

xenovanis

Do you have a link? Are you using a custom theme?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

[Unknown]

There are two groups you're talking about "Global Moderator" (stargmod.gif) and "Moderator" (starmod.gif.)  Are you sure the Moderator group has stars set properly for it?

-[Unknown]

Sofie77

hi guys,

it so wired...

@xenovanis :

i have a custom theme..name: SMFredpack

@unknown:

we have no global moderator set...we have only the moderator and this moderators are in some categories setted with high permissions. but if a moderator write what in his own categorie, the stars are not showing up..only the red x with like i said not hxxp:www.blablabla.de/forum/themes/SMFredpack/images/name [nonactive] of the image.gif     just hxxp:www.blablabla.de/forum/themes/SMFredpack/images/ [nonactive]

here a image from our  membergroups, maybe this help u guys..ty for help:

modify

ps: the users, they have the prob are in more groups then only moderators and if they write a post outside of their categorie the stars from the other member group are showin up.

Elmacik

normal moderators are deleted but still a blank line appears there :s
weird.
Home of Elmacik

Sofie77

ok, now its workin, after i have create a moderator on the field where is the space and the n/a the stars are coming up...

but why? i have their put in no user..its still there with n/a but its workin. The moderators are on the manage boards seted to moderators..thats enough for the categorie moderators..mmhh ok, i have test it with a test user now and he can modify..so the problem is fixed..but i dont really understand why that was the problem ;)

Elmacik

i think i got it.
there was still a group with the name of "  " ... yes, a blank name.
so there were two groups using the same stars. this may be the reason for it to not to show up.
i think you didnt delete the group you deleted only the name :)
Home of Elmacik

[Unknown]

You've named the "Global Moderator" group "Moderator" and removed the name of "Moderator".

This does not change which group is used for moderators, however.  You'll want to modify the currently unnamed group and give it stars.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: