Unable to load the 'WIRELESS_PROTOCOL_above' template. error help.

Started by HK_an, August 21, 2012, 01:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HK_an

I had this strange error that came up.  I don't know what happened.  This is the second time this has happened.  The forum has been running find for a while.  Please see error.  If you can help me resolve it will be great.  Can't even load forum at all.

Unable to load the 'WIRELESS_PROTOCOL_above' template.

I fixed the problem by doing a select all table repair in PhpAdmin under cpanel.

I need to find out the source of the problem to prevent having to keep going back to do a repair.

While repairing  the  smf_sessions had a warning 156 lines change to 154.  Don't know what this means.  Seems to be a miss match in the tables.

Please help if you had anything similar happen to you.

kat

I removed your duplicate post.

No point in having two going, after all...

Leemy

Just wanted to thank you for posting this topic. I got this same template parse error this morning, and yours was the only helpful Google result and prevented further downtime of my SMF board.

For others: Selecting all tables in phpmyadmin and clicking "repair" got it fixed (it takes a few minutes to do it, depending on the size of your forum). You may be able to expedite this, as the only table of mine that did not respond "OK" was smf_sessions

TonyG

I just got this error too. This system is just a few days old.
Thanks for the tip on the Repair. I did that and will post a new thread if this continues to be an issue.

But can anyone tell us what this WIRELESS_PROTOCOL_above template is?
I'm running v2.0.9 with Default/Curve.

Thx

Arantor

The result of something breaking SMF.

WIRELESS_PROTOCOL is a constant that defines whether the system is currently using wap, wap2 or imode and is used to build 'wap_above' for example as the section of the template to use.

TonyG

Isn't the WAP/WAP2/Imode thing a bit outdated? I'm thinking current mobile devices should have a fairly modern browser which isn't limited to a subset of HTML, so mobile = desktop in this area. I can sacrifice users on devices that are over 3 years old, though I'd prefer to give them a message (like when WIRELESS_PROTOCOL is set) that their older device is probably not going to render properly.

Thanks.

Kindred

yes, WAP is somewhat outdated - but is still useful on many devices.

The new version coming out soon uses a responsive theme, but will still have a WAP mode
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Whether it's outdated or not, it's part of SMF 2.0 and WIRELESS_PROTOCOL indicates which mode is in use and is the basis for selecting which templates to display.

TonyG

OK, so we're back to "Unable to load the 'WIRELESS_PROTOCOL_above' template".

Should this error be ignored, or is there something that can be done to address it at this time?

Is the user experience affected when this template is missing? If so, wouldn't it be best to find the code where this error occurs and get it to display something user-friendly about getting a more modern client?

Thanks.

Arantor

No, we're back to 'something you've changed, which I don't know what it is because you didn't tell me, causes it to break, nor did you tell me how to reproduce this error'

TonyG

Wow, I'm just echoing what someone else reported.

The URL associated with the error is http://site/index.php?scheduled=task;ts=000000
and the error is simply " Unable to load the 'WIRELESS_PROTOCOL_above' template. "
There's no other information in the log except that it says user is Guest and that this is a template error.

Perhaps it's a hint that it says "scheduled=task" so this may not be a user action.

This is a new installation that has a number of mods. What's "changed"? The entire site was just installed and configured. What else can I say? I have no idea how to reproduce it. I just spent time on the forum from my cell phone and saw no new errors.

Arantor

TonyG

Thanks for asking.

@mention members      1.1.2   
   Add Favicon.ico Support      1.101   
   Add security verification to the Login page      1.1   
   Adshomepage      1   
   Advanced Censor      0.3   
   Anti Bot: Are You Human/Bot?      3   
   Back To The Index      0.4.2   
   Bakers Dozen Pages      1.2   
   Ban List      2