How to integrate SMF to existing site with registered users and external login

Started by tolito, September 05, 2012, 01:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tolito

Hello Colleagues,
I have to install SMF to existing site, which already have its own registration procedure and registered users. Also there is a login functionality for other services enabled on this site. Is it possible to set smf to use registered users from other database and how can I login them to the forum automatically without asking for username and pass, because they are already authenticated.

I hope this is possible, because it will be nasty to for all user to register again in the forum.

Chas Large

What system does the current site use? is it a commercial CMS? If so there may be a bridge for it. Check out the Bridges here.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

tolito

It is a custom made system for real estate made by Yiiframework.
I am a programmer and I can prepare a patch so I just need a direction before start digging.

Chas Large

It might be worth looking at the code for one of the bridges to give you an idea of how they're integrated with another system.

Am moving this topic to our Coding Discussion forum where you'll hopefully get better advice from our developers.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

kat

He can't see this, as he's not a charter member...

Moving to coding board.

tolito

thegymforum

tolito, how did this go? I'm looking at the same thing... I'm going to start down the same path you were advised to take, but I'm also using Yii and evaluating an external login solution.

thanks

live627

Advertisement: