News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Simple Listings

Started by Bugo, September 16, 2012, 12:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugo

Link to the mod

It's the simplest implementation of a bulletin board for your forum.

How to use this mod
  • Just select any category or specify any board on your forum where users will be posting their ads.
  • Every board within this category will be an advertising section.
  • Every topic within boards in this category will be an advertising message.
  • Every first image (that attached in topic) will be as a thumbnail on the advertising table.

4Kstore

Nice mod and great idea..
Thanks bugo!

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

FrizzleFried

I installed on my test forum...

I enabled...

I set for General Forum to test.

General forum still looks like... general forum?  What am i doing wrong?

Thanks!

LostTarget

RE: General forum still looks like... general forum?

Same here!

Bugo

Did you try go to ?action=bbs

LostTarget

And, where in the admin panel you would  "?action=bbs"

I must be missing something....

FrizzleFried

Quote from: Bugo on September 19, 2012, 01:08:45 PM

OK... I see how this works... I was under the assumption it changed the way the forum looked if you go to the specific forum board... I did not realize that there was a new menu selection on the main menu that shows the forum in questions post in a different format.   I guess i assume it changed the way the forum category itself looks...

Bugo

Quote from: FrizzleFried on September 19, 2012, 06:08:37 PMI guess i assume it changed the way the forum category itself looks...
People use themes for this :)

FrizzleFried

Quote from: Bugo on September 19, 2012, 08:29:24 PM
Quote from: FrizzleFried on September 19, 2012, 06:08:37 PMI guess i assume it changed the way the forum category itself looks...
People use themes for this :)

There is a theme that changes just one or two boards but leave the rest as normal?

;)

Sorry for the confusion.

Bugo

It's possible. Just go to Admin -> Forum -> Boards - select a board ("Modify") and select board theme for it :)

atticuk

Quote from: FrizzleFried on September 19, 2012, 06:08:37 PM
Quote from: Bugo on September 19, 2012, 01:08:45 PM

OK... I see how this works...

Hi FrizleFried Would you explain how you managed to get this mod working please. I've installed it successfully but it's only showing on the top page menu under Announcements, when I click on it there's just an ordinary posting box.

I've even downloads 'Custom Action Mod' in order to make sure that I'm enabling ?action=bbc. I then see the place ads box but it wont let me post an ad.

thanks

PaulKet

How do I go about changing the word "Announcements" in the menu to something like "Classifieds"?

Bugo

Open SCL.english.php (/Themes/default/languages dir) and change.

PaulKet

Quote from: Bugo on October 01, 2012, 11:26:55 AM
Open SCL.english.php (/Themes/default/languages dir) and change.

Thank you, that was much easier than I expected.

Realinfo

Instead of Category, I want it to work for just one Board........... is it possible....... As in category I have many borads which are not for Advertisement and I don't want to make one category just for it............ 2.0.2 Default theme.............

Dave J

Hi and thanks for this mod.

Can you tell me if it's possible to set it so that members can see the attachements from the 'Bulletin Board' page please?

I can see them as admin but neither the moderators or members can see them.

I would like everyone to see them.

I have checked permissions etc but can find nothing

Thanks & regards

Dave
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Bugo

Try new version - 0.5.1

Dave J

Quote from: Bugo on October 14, 2012, 01:24:14 PM
Try new version - 0.5.1

Brilliant Bugo thank you very much, it works a treat ;)
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

TrickyRicky

Fantastic mod thanks

Sulfur

Quote from: Realinfo on October 02, 2012, 08:33:01 AM
Instead of Category, I want it to work for just one Board........... is it possible....... As in category I have many borads which are not for Advertisement and I don't want to make one category just for it............ 2.0.2 Default theme.............

this, is this possible? also is it possible to show in category, like, Itens for sell, finding itens, trade itens, etc...

Advertisement: