News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post Karma

Started by nend, September 22, 2012, 01:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phue

Hi nend,

I am using your mod and it works perfect! Just wanted to ask if you know a technique to get a list of posts sorted by upvotes.

Thanks for this great mod, and happy holidays!

TCRoss

I installed post karma several days ago and after running into the error noted earlier in the thread with messy text and karma images instead of just images, uninstalled it.  It couldn't uninstall and disabled my forum.  I reinstalled it so I could keep the forum up.  NOW it's duplicated itself.  I've gone in and deleted the duplicate code to try to only get one to show until it could be fixed, but I'm assuming the problem is the extra db column - which I can't find to delete. 

I tried the code fix mentioned, but it didn't fix mine.

How do I uninstall it?!  Where are the columns I need to delete?

*Edit*  Manually fixed the text issue, but still have the duplicate icons.

nend

In the version .3 repo currently I have rlh2006 fixed code for deleted members. I also plan to add hooks in it for the template before releasing it to prevent user error or any visual problems.

@TCRoss

That isn't a error but more than likely a incompatibility with your theme. I am going to see about using hooks in the template so we can hopefully avoid any of those incompatibilities.

Your going to have to go to the listing on the mod site and select the manual install for 2.0.2 to remove any duplicate code.

As for the tables in the database being a problem it shouldn't be.

nend

Added to Github, any contributions welcomed. Fork and play around.  ;D

wildcat180

This is a great mod and works wonderfully!  Is there anyway to make it to where you can see who is changing the karma? 

adisz

Quote from: tMicky on September 30, 2012, 05:17:21 AM
Quote from: nend on September 28, 2012, 12:42:23 PM
Here is the trending post function.

You can use this function to return the trending post within the time frame of time_back.

Thank you. I do have a question, are we supposed to change something in the time_back area, to make the posts show. I added the block, but no post is listed?
Hello,
it looks like the same problem.
I've pasted this code to php block, but I don't understand what is time_back area. What must I do to see list of posts?

chereneb

Hi,

I have installed this mod to my site. Without a problem. I am using SMF 2.0.4 with the Gray style theme. The thumbs up and thumbs down appears above each post, but it is not clickable. Any ideas why this might be?

chereneb

Still no response?

tMicky

I keep getting an error:

"Field 'karma_bad' doesn't have a default value"

nend

Compatible and tested with SMF 2.0.2 using default theme.

Haven't had much time lately to update it for compatibility with any newer versions. However the modification is open source so anyone is free to contribute or fork as they please.

Shrink

i have 1 suggestion for next upgrade. add a filter like accending or desending within a topic!!!

FrankiGoode

Hi,

We had the mod installed but recently uninstalled it while trying a few things out. Trouble is the thumps up [applaud] and thumbs down [smite] remain at the top of each post. See attached file.

Can you please let me know how these can be deleted as it is now affecting the re-installation of this and other mods.

many thanks

f00ty

Any example on how to use trending function? Where to place it eg.?

Yoss

Quote from: nend on May 19, 2013, 01:13:23 AM
Compatible and tested with SMF 2.0.2 using default theme.

Haven't had much time lately to update it for compatibility with any newer versions. However the modification is open source so anyone is free to contribute or fork as they please.
hi, I'm testing the mod with smf 2.07 and it works properly and smoothly.

Quote from: phue on December 16, 2012, 08:35:21 AM
Hi nend,

I am using your mod and it works perfect! Just wanted to ask if you know a technique to get a list of posts sorted by upvotes.

Thanks for this great mod, and happy holidays!
+1, it would be nice  :)  im thinking about the code for a block "best posts of the week" Can anyone try it?
Edited: The code is at 4th post, sry :-[ I paste the code in a simple portal php block but nothing is showed  :'(

...and I have another request for future versions of this interesting mod:

is possible to limit the change of karma for each user once for each post? I think it's interesting that you can not repeat the action so that the numbers on the post are more representative of the number of people who liked

Thanks for the work nend

jack_1985

Hi all,

I have stumbled upon the following bug in this mod:

It's possible to smite a post (by using the thumb icon) and then applaud another post of that same member, within the karma waiting time. If you do this, the first karma action gets undone, but the counter next to the thumb doesn't change back. So you can keep pressing the thumb icon to smite post A, then applaud in post B, then smite post A, applaud post B, etc. And the counter just keeps adding up.

In other words, I guess a user should only be able to use the thumbs up/down once per post.

This bug defies the purpose of the mod a bit. Anybody any idea on how to fix this?

Using SMF 2.0.8 btw.

Gwenwyfar

Any news on the problem above? Or anyone know of another mod that does the same thing as this one? I basically just want something to add positive/negative points to individual posts and to show the total negative/positive in a user's profile, if possible to also see which posts received what or a notification to the user who got it. I've been looking on some other mods but this one still seems the best, but this bug... =/

I guess it could take a while to someone to find this bug but it could be easily abused once that happens.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Squash

Is there a way to not have the text at all, just the thumbs up and down? How do I remove it, what file? I'll try doing it on my own if I just knew the file to look for.

Gwenwyfar

I haven't installed the mod yet so this is a guess, but you could try looking on your display.template.php file.

Neek

Quote from: jack_1985 on August 28, 2014, 03:14:42 PM
Hi all,

I have stumbled upon the following bug in this mod:

It's possible to smite a post (by using the thumb icon) and then applaud another post of that same member, within the karma waiting time. If you do this, the first karma action gets undone, but the counter next to the thumb doesn't change back. So you can keep pressing the thumb icon to smite post A, then applaud in post B, then smite post A, applaud post B, etc. And the counter just keeps adding up.

In other words, I guess a user should only be able to use the thumbs up/down once per post.

This bug defies the purpose of the mod a bit. Anybody any idea on how to fix this?

Using SMF 2.0.8 btw.

Indeed, this bug ruins the mod. :(

Quote from: Gwenwyfar on November 14, 2014, 06:04:01 PM
Any news on the problem above? Or anyone know of another mod that does the same thing as this one? I basically just want something to add positive/negative points to individual posts and to show the total negative/positive in a user's profile, if possible to also see which posts received what or a notification to the user who got it. I've been looking on some other mods but this one still seems the best, but this bug... =/

I guess it could take a while to someone to find this bug but it could be easily abused once that happens.

Exactly what I want too. I'll try to figure out a solution but don't hold your breath. Anyone willing and able to offer some guidance, please?

Gwenwyfar

What I have done after this is install like posts, duplicate it, and call the new one dislikes, so that there are the two.

But it doesn't have notifications or anything else, so you have to modify that yourself, and the above has to be done manually after the first install.

There's also good post bad post, I don't recall what was wrong with that one though, only that it can't be automatically uninstalled and I still have bits of its corpse to throw out.

Advertisement: