WysiBB for SMF

Started by Bugo, September 27, 2012, 11:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on November 17, 2012, 11:15:23 PM
Quote from: hislordship on November 17, 2012, 02:23:25 AM
First post!
I installed this and it was a problem-free installation... however it's still not showing up on my boards.
I checked the code and the files and it's all in place.

Does anyone know what the problem is?
I'm from his boards^ it's not problem free tbh it's caused problems so I uninstalled it, however another admin seems to think it's not properly uninstalled (and it clearly isn't actually because i don't see bbcode anymore when i modify a post).

Is there anything I need to do to uninstall it properly besides uninstalling in package manager?

Assuming you want to answer a question about uninstalling your product that is...

Just check the installation changes in the mod's page and check them by hand.

Lazarevics

Quote from: phantomm on November 17, 2012, 05:19:36 AM
Quote from: Bugo on November 16, 2012, 02:41:22 AM
New version — 0.4.1:
added support for Polish and Vietnames languages

Are you planning on adding this editor instead default editor in actions post, post2 and pm?

This would be great in the future it is possible to solve?

Great mod, thank you!

joeyjojoshabadoo

Hi Bugo, great MOD, thanks.

im having a small problem. I have it installed on our forum, but if you check the quick reply section at the bottom of any thread, the icons in the wysiwyg area are all strange looking characters (not like the above icons). Is there anyway to get the regular bold/italic icons etc?

http://www.dropkickrugby.com/forum

Many thanks

Bugo

Gryzor

Heh, it happened to me too. Basically the buttons instead of the usual letter/symbols have extended (-ish) symbols on them, like %, | etc.

This is a very weird coincidence - it happened to me too (as I said) a couple of days ago. However, reinstalling the mod (I had an older version anyway) fixed it...

Does the mod poll something external, perhaps?

joeyjojoshabadoo

Hi Bugo,

if you go to here, you can see it in action, just under the last message

http://www.dropkickrugby.com/forum/european-cup-rugby/heineken-cup-rugby-betting-round-3/msg1400/#msg1400

PS- I just tried to uninstall and reinstall as Gryzor suggested and it still remains

Cheers

Gryzor

Hm, very weird then... Actually, as I said, I uninstalled 0.4.1 and updated to 0.5 (I think those are the version numbers). Are you sure all changes were undone?

Your forum, btw, requires registration to reply, so we have to register to see the problem.

But, again: very weird that it happened to both of us the same period. That's why I asked if it polls something from somewhere else.

joeyjojoshabadoo

Gryzor, is the version on the mod page the most updated one or do I need to find that somewhere else?

I just tried to use the box and the text is all faded now too - I can barely see it.

Attached is the screenshot Bugo/Gryzor

Gryzor

I'm not the dev, so I just downloaded from the mod page here...

I'd suggest taking a look at the changes the mod is supposed to perform, uninstall it, then check manually if all the changes were reversed.

joeyjojoshabadoo

I know youre not the develop Gryzor.

i don't know how to manually check if changes are reversed.

Bugo, I downloaded it from the mod page, is that the latest version?

Gryzor

Just go to the mod page and check the option where the link is, it parses it for you and tells you what the mod does.

joeyjojoshabadoo

Gryzor i appreciate your help my friend but that is WAY over my head mate. ALl i know how to do is download and upload packages, not read that code.

The package looked funny as in the attachment, that's all the info I can understand  ;)

Gryzor

Noone said you need to read the code :D Below the link there's the "manual installation" thingie. Press "parse" and it will actually tells you what the installation script does. For instance,

"In file x" "find y" and "replace it with z"
or
"In file a" "find b" and "insert blahblahblah before it".

It's pure english, you don't need to understand the code. After uninstalling the script, just go to those files and make sure that the changes that she script does have indeed been removed.

Not guaranteed to work, of course, but...

Anyhow, I'm going away for a few days, I hope the problem doesn't come back till then :D

Bugo

I have tested the mod with BR Finale theme — see screenshot. All is fine. What browser are you using? Try to update it.

jack001

Quote from: joeyjojoshabadoo on December 05, 2012, 02:04:03 PM
Gryzor, is the version on the mod page the most updated one or do I need to find that somewhere else?

I just tried to use the box and the text is all faded now too - I can barely see it.

Attached is the screenshot Bugo/Gryzor

i am having the same problem in my forum.. can some one here fix it.
https://www.edufor.xyz Edutainment forum - Education with Entertainment!

Badboy

Is it possible to replace orginal WYSIWGY editor with WYSIBB in post.template ? (Maybe another mod)
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

jack001

Quote from: Badboy on December 11, 2012, 04:59:49 AM
Is it possible to replace orginal WYSIWGY editor with WYSIBB in post.template ? (Maybe another mod)

i was just looking for the same.. Eagerly waiting for the mod to be released and this mod to get its bug fixed.

jack001

ok. found the solution. Deleted other lang.js, now can anyone tell me how to replace this wysiwgy editor with this awesome Wysibb mod..

love this mode buddy!!

joeyjojoshabadoo

Quote from: jack001 on December 18, 2012, 12:51:06 PM
ok. found the solution. Deleted other lang.js, now can anyone tell me how to replace this wysiwgy editor with this awesome Wysibb mod..

love this mode buddy!!

Can you tell me how you did this?

I went into the zip archive and deleted all of the lang.js files except for the en (english) one. Then I reuploaded the package via the package downloader and the strange characters are still there after reinstalling.

Can you tell me what you did exactly and whether it was any different to what I did?
Thanks

jack001

Quote from: joeyjojoshabadoo on December 19, 2012, 03:17:13 PM
Quote from: jack001 on December 18, 2012, 12:51:06 PM

love this mode buddy!!

Can you tell me how you did this?

I went into the zip archive and deleted all of the lang.js files except for the en (english) one. Then I reuploaded the package via the package downloader and the strange characters are still there after reinstalling.

Can you tell me what you did exactly and whether it was any different to what I did?
Thanks

everything went perfect and worked for a day.. but today when i checked my forum i see strange characters again!!! Mod help please!!

Advertisement: