Converting From BBPress (Which, I'm convinced, is EVIL)

Started by ruthanne, October 02, 2012, 12:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruthanne

Hello! Before we start, let me assure you I have already SCOURED the forums. I have downloaded and installed every suggested version of convert.php and bbpress_to_smf.sql.  I have altered my php.ini file (terrifying), changed permissions, and done everything I could.

Nada.

Eight times out of ten, trying to use convert.php, I get this infamous error: "Unable to find the settings for bbPress 0.8.3. Please double check the path and try again."

Once - just once - it said it was converting, but froze. I found THAT error in the "common conversion problems" thread, altered my php.ini file, and tried again.

Though I had changed NOTHING, I suddenly went back to "Unable to find the settings for bbPress 0.8.3. Please double check the path and try again."

Part of the problem is there IS no config.php file anywhere in the bbpress installation. I have no idea how to create one.

There is a bbp-settings file, but when I point bbpress_to_smf to that, I get a blank page.

Help! There has to be a solution this. :) Thanks in advance!

ruthanne

I did, thank you - there is no bb-config file. I try to get it to go to bbp-settings, just in case that was it, but the page just goes blank again when I hit the magic button.

It's BBPress version 2.1.2. I hope I'm not doomed because of this. :)

ThorstenE

Quote from: ruthanne on October 02, 2012, 03:48:13 AM
It's BBPress version 2.1.2. I hope I'm not doomed because of this. :)
That's the problem, the converter was initially developed to convert a bbpress 0.8.3 and later modified for bbpress 1.0.
I'm almost sure they changed their code and also the database layout, thus the converter won't work. Sorry..

kas5986

Advertisement: