News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Email from Paypal (regarding IPN). Not sure what to do

Started by Kimmie, October 02, 2012, 12:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmie

I don't know much about this so I figured I would have one of you smarties help me out with it :). It pertains to my Subscription Service on the forum

I received an email titled "ACTION REQUIRED: UPDATE YOUR IPN/PDT SCRIPTS"

Long story short:

"Action Required before February 1, 2013
Merchants need to update their IPN and/or PDT scripts to use HTTP 1.1, and include the "Host: www.paypal.com" and "Connection: close" HTTP headers in the IPN and PDT scripts."

I have no idea how to do this. I can post more of the email if needed.

==========

Initial Bulletin that was sent out says

ACTION REQUIRED: if you are using IPN (Instant Payment Notification) for Order Management and your IPN listener script is behind a firewall that uses ACL (Access Control List) rules which restrict outbound traffic to a limited number of IP addresses, then you may need to do one of the following:
To continue posting back to https://www.paypal.com  to perform IPN validation you will need to update your firewall ACL to allow outbound access to *any* IP address for the servers that host your IPN script
                OR

Alternatively, you will need to modify  your IPN script to post back IPNs to the newly created URL https://ipnpb.paypal.com using HTTPS (port 443) and update firewall ACL rules to allow outbound access to the ipnpb.paypal.com IP ranges (see end of message).

I have no idea if this pertains to me. Do I need to do anything on the server my forum is on?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kimmie

ok. I just updated my initial post with the info that was in their initial bulletin.

live627

I have no idea if this pertains to me
Well, it does. In fact, it affects all SMF sites that have paid subscriptions.

QuoteDo I need to do anything on the server my forum is on?
Be hopeful and wait for SM to release a patch for this before the deadline.

Advertisement: