News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Newsletters -Ignore Banned Users

Started by rlh2006, October 04, 2012, 10:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlh2006

In my ACP when I send out a newsletter to everyone on the forum users who are banned still receive it. There is no option for me to ignore sending the newsletter out to users who are banned. There should be. Seems this would be an easy mod to make, but it also seems like this should be a core feature that comes with SMF by default.

There are solutions I suppose, such as putting any user I ban into a special group which could then be ignored, or manually listing each person in the ignore-single-user area.
368 Urban Terror avatars for your site or forum.
The avatars pack is 11.6 mbs. Direct free download for the avatars pack is right here: urt_avatars.zip This avatar pack is 1up Clan's way of contributing to both the Urban Terror gaming community and the Simple Machines community. Due to the size of the pack, SMF has not approved it.

emanuele

mmm...I see two major types of ban: permanent, non-permanent.
For a permanent ban it could make sense to not send announcements, but for temporary bans it's more tricky I think.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Arantor

The code looks like it already handles this in 2.1; if they cannot log in to turn off notifications, they are added to the exclude-members list.

Advertisement: