[Paid] - Attachment download limit

Started by stylusss, October 25, 2012, 01:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stylusss

For: SMF 1.1.19

An installer: Not required

Payment: PayPal

• I want to limit the number of downloads a user can make per day (or past 24 hours since the user's first download).
  • I want the ability to change this based on membergroup, and I want the settings to be in the same place where you change the color of the membergroup name, title, and image.
    - If a user is part of two membergroups (a post group and a non-post group, for example), the higher of the two should take precedence over the lower limit.
    - If the person tries to download something past their limit, will they get an error the next time they go to download a file.

I'm trustworthy and more than willing to pay a reasonable price. I will not provide you information about my server though; testing must be done on your behalf, and on your server. Once it is complete, I can do the installation myself, so there is no need to package the mod for me, I can do that stuff on my own - just let me know what to edit.

Extra: In profile view, the member should be given an indicator of how many downloads they can still make (for example, you've downloaded 2 files in the past 24 hours, your limit it 5)

:) Message me if interested.
For top-notch server quality and expertise, visit CoreISP.net

stylusss

Colin

Before I make any promises, can you run cronjobs on your server?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

stylusss

Quote from: Colin on November 14, 2012, 10:41:33 PM

Yes, quite easily.

Colin

When is your goal to have this completed and what is your budget?  (I know you say three days, but that is a relative date).
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

live627

Quote from: Colin on November 14, 2012, 10:41:33 PM
How is a cron job necessary?

Colin

Rather than continuously storing the download records per user and time period, it would be nice to have a cron run at the selected interval to remove the records.

Colin

live627

Hmm, quite an interesting approach. You'll end up creating a log table either way since SMF does not log the downloads. And a table with two int fields is in the order of bytes, nothing to worry about, even if logging every time.

stylusss

Dragooon

What are you offering? And will the author be free to release the mod under his or her terms?

stylusss

True, but that's a quota (bytes) per day, which is not what I'm seeking. It is very similar though and would probably facilitate the coder who takes on this role!

stylusss

Still looking for someone to complete this job, PM me your best offer.

Advertisement: