News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Deleting a messed up membergroup?

Started by Bludstained, October 27, 2012, 01:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bludstained

Basically i was trying to add the image next to it, which i have now figured out. But i made a member group and tried adding an HTML Code next to it to see if that would have any effect and it sort of bugged out my membergroup and got rid of the modify button to delete it. Is there anyway i can "Hard-Delete" it through the forum files? If so what file is it?

Colin

Did you make this membergroup or was it a default membergroup that you renamed/modified?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Bludstained

I created it using the [Add Group] Under Admin Panel>Members>Membergroups

Storman™

Please tell me you took a backup of the files you amended ? It would be better to reverse what you did.

The group would be listed in your database though, not in an actual file.

Bludstained

I did not make a backup because it's not that big of a screw up, it's just there when i click membergroups and it bothers my OCD, but i couldn't delete it. I will try to find it in the database.

Colin

Before you go mess with the database, just to be clear, the modify button disappeared?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Bludstained

Colin

Got it. Let's approach this from another way. You will need to fill in the variables (CAPS)  for this URL.

http://www.yourdomain.com/FORUMDIRECTORY/index.php?action=admin;area=membergroups;sa=edit;group=GROUP#HERE

EX
http://www.graywebhost.com/smfdemo/index.php?action=admin;area=membergroups;sa=edit;group=2

Colin

Colin

Illori pointed out a good point in my logic there. Any page that echos that is going to be broken.

To correct this you will need to manually modify the group_name column in the smf_membergroup table. Are you familiar with PHPMYADMIN?

Colin

Bludstained

Yes i am, I got it deleted, Thank you very much for the assistance!

Colin

Awesome! Thanks for being patient and asking your question in an intelligible way. You would be surprised how much that helps.

Colin

Advertisement: