News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Clone Topic

Started by nend, November 05, 2012, 02:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zurgenaboy

Quote from: akbora on July 26, 2013, 06:44:46 PM
Source/Messageindex getting errors. This mod is compatible 2.0.4? Because it is written with compatible 2.0.2 there.

I am getting errors as above, and have tried to emulate 2.0.2.   2.0.4    2.0.10
but still get the same errors
I would love to get this mod working - any suggestions?

I have 2.0.11    and no other copy type mods

Kindred

emulation lets your get by the first check (will this work on your version)

once you are past that and into the file-tests, emulation does not do anything (mostly)

In your case -- some other mod has modified the target code that the mod is looking for...   you are going to have to MANUALLY edit that bit....
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

zurgenaboy

Thank you for your very quick reply Kindred, but unfortunately I am not up to doing
manual edits.    Shame, as I really liked the concept .

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, there is an issue with this mod in boards that have multiple pages of topics. After cloning a significant amount of topics, the following starts to happen, except on the first and last page of the board or sub-forum:

Basically, several topics at the top will not be ordered correctly, then you'll see a few correctly ordered topics, then a long list of empty topics. In addition to that, some topics ends up missing from the list, regardless of if they are cloned or not, but it doesn't happen as often (they are still reachable from search too)

nend

Thank you for your report.

It has been awhile since I looked at this mod, will try to create the problem in my test environment and come up with a fix.

Dream of Omnimaga

Question: Does the newest update fix the aforementioned issue? I noticed this mod was bumped in the list.

Have you gotten any luck at finding the problem?

By the way, once a board gets around 140-160 topics, page 2 and 3 pretty much becomes unuseable. D: (the topic order is completely random)

nend

It was just a description change, no changes to the code.

I think I have identified the problem though, give me a little while to fix it up.  ;)

nend

0.4.1 Release,

Mainly a bugfix release. Fixes the topic counts by moving the query early on in the script and adding the count to the board total variable.

To upgrade uninstall your old one and install the new one.

DO NOT check the box "Remove all data associated with this modification.", if you wish to keep your cloned topics.  ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

@nend sorry, version 0.41 doesn't fix the bug at all it seems. There is absolutely no difference :(

nend

That is what I was sort of figuring. I replicated the bug where some topics don't show, but in all logic I can't see where the empty topcis could of been generated.

By any chance did you have any other modifications that did something to the topic display in the past or even in the present.

In any matter can you attach your Display.php file located in the Sources folder so I can take a look. Also if you don't mind can I get a link to your forum.

Thanks

Dream of Omnimaga

If you mean the topic list (where my display issues occur), then I use the following mods:
-Attachments in topic
-Super Simple Thread Tags
-Nice Tooltips

If you mean the post display inside topics (where I have no display issue), then I use the following mods:
IPv6 Support   1.0.1
Spoiler Tag   0.7.2a
Karma Description Mod   2.7.1
Simple Audio Video Embedder   3.0.3
Join date and Location in Posts   1.3.1
YouTube BBCode   2.6
AdditionalMembergroups   1.04
@mention members   1.1.3
Super Simple Thread Tags   1.1a
Mimetex   1.01
Default Avatar   2.3
Characters remaining of post   1.0.4   

I attached Display.php below, but don't you mean MessageIndex.php? Also here is a link to my forum: http://codewalr.us

nend

Stumped last night and thought of something this morning, I reproduced the problem.

If a topic is cloned and later on moved to a board that it is cloned too it causes blank and multiple topic listings.

Easy fix would be for me to add a maintenance task to repair this as adding to the message index would be too costly.

I'll have a fix soon.

Arantor

Why not do the check at move-topic time?

-Rock Lee-

@nend curiosa modified :p here I leave the translation to the Latin Spanish.

Modifications.spanish_latin-utf8.php
$txt['clone_topic'] = 'Tema clon';
$txt['clone_to'] = 'Clonar para';
$txt['clone_remove'] = 'Retirar';
$txt['clones_topic'] = 'Clones';
$txt['clones_remove'] = 'Retirar Clones';
$txt['modlog_ac_clone'] = 'Clonado "{topic}"';
$txt['permissionname_clone'] = 'Tema clon';
$txt['permissionhelp_clone'] = 'Clonar un tema de un foro a otro. Los usuarios sólo pueden seleccionar foros de destino que se les permita el acceso.';
$txt['permissionname_clone_own'] = 'Tema propio';
$txt['permissionname_clone_any'] = 'Cualquier tema';
$txt['permissionname_simple_clone_own'] = 'Clonar propio tema';
$txt['permissionname_simple_clone_any'] = 'Clonar tema de nadie';

and Modifications.spanish_latin.php
$txt['clone_topic'] = 'Tema clon';
$txt['clone_to'] = 'Clonar para';
$txt['clone_remove'] = 'Retirar';
$txt['clones_topic'] = 'Clones';
$txt['clones_remove'] = 'Retirar Clones';
$txt['modlog_ac_clone'] = 'Clonado "{topic}"';
$txt['permissionname_clone'] = 'Tema clon';
$txt['permissionhelp_clone'] = 'Clonar un tema de un foro a otro. Los usuarios sólo pueden seleccionar foros de destino que se les permita el acceso.';
$txt['permissionname_clone_own'] = 'Tema propio';
$txt['permissionname_clone_any'] = 'Cualquier tema';
$txt['permissionname_simple_clone_own'] = 'Clonar propio tema';
$txt['permissionname_simple_clone_any'] = 'Clonar tema de nadie';;

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

nend

I haven't got around to creating a fix yet. Will try to get that out very soon, just been real hectic lately.

Quote from: Arantor on May 05, 2016, 09:51:55 AM
Why not do the check at move-topic time?

Thanks for the suggestions. Will also have to add a check in the remove topic function as well.  ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

Good luck with finding a fix and with life :)

For now I made my board show 100 topics per page to alleivate the issue (unless it starts causing too much page loading, but it doesn't seem to be the case much for now)

nend

Go ahead and give the new version a try. Once again do not check "Remove all data associated with this modification.".

+ Added routine to delete clones on topic delete.
+ Added routine to delete redundancies on topic moves.
+ Added routine to fix any errors in the clone topic table caused by earlier versions on this modification.

Dream of Omnimaga

Still no luck. The empty topics are still there. Do I need to manually run the aforementioned routines?

nend

The routine to fix the tables would of been executed during installation. This fixes the problems I discovered recently.

I am missing something, will run some more test tomorrow.

Maybe merged topics or permissions.

If possible, can I get a dump of the topic_clones table. This should help me identify the issue.

Dream of Omnimaga

I have sent you a dump of my topic_clones table via PM on the forums now. Hopefully this helps.

Advertisement: