MODDER creator enforced KIT for SMF

Started by Nitro, September 11, 2005, 03:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro

I am not sure if am posting this in the right section.

here we go.

We've seen it, Fasan and mike and other MODDERS have gone! and they were GREAT! BUT... it'd be nice if SMF would create a rule for MODDERS, something like, if they ever quit, or planning to QUIT, they need to leave or to start creating a FAQ for all us left out in darkness, wondering when you are coming back or anything else. As time passes by MODDERS need to start putting together a FAQ in their first thread, so there is no confusion. As you know, and i am saying this for myself as well, sometimes you cannot just find the answers even you know the answer is right there. SMF is HUGE and it'd be easier if you as a MODDER would start putting together a FAQ, it'll make your life easier and us to and we wouldn't bug you that much. Every Forum is different so don't assume your MOD has to work, your MOD might be fine but our forums are changed as a result of open source.

it might not ba a FAQ but something to help us find the answers about MODs. i don't know.

this is just a thought.
MPF Rocks!!!

itsjustme

that's a nice looking site you have.

What users online mod are you using?

Dave

DogAddicts is a community for people who are passionate about their dogs.

WannaFindit.com

a Search place

redone

Okay, fasan basically moved his mod's elsewhere to his own site and created his own forum. He did not stop updating or working on his mod's.

If you are talking about mike as in mike mill then mike is still very active and infact lately joined the official SMF mod developers.

What you propose is a great idea but almost impossible to enforce. Everyone here creates mods, theme's and offers support in there own free time. They don't make any money from it and is something simply done out of the desire to help others.

To generate a rule like you suggest would put off mod developers creating new mod's because they would need to follow the guidelines you suggest. A great idea but just not practical I am afraid.

Advertisement: