Help with Error? 8: Undefined index: forum_name_html_safe

Started by Prids, November 11, 2012, 11:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prids

Hi,

I upgraded my forum from V1.1.16 to V2.0.2 the other day.  It is not exactly a hotbed of activity but I now have 120 pages of errors, mostly instances of the undefined error below.
I have checked 'Disable Template Eval' in server settings but it persists.

Line 1 variously refers to all sorts of actions, but lines 2, 3 and 4 are always the same.

http://www.xxxxxx.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=60;type=avatar
8: Undefined index: forum_name_html_safe
File: /home2/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.co.uk/Themes/default/languages/index.english_british-utf8.php
Line: 113

Where xxxxxx is my forum.

When I click the link on line 3 it takes me to the error line which shows this:
==>113: $txt['regards_team'] = 'Regards,' . "\n" . 'The ' . $context['forum_name_html_safe'] . ' Team';

I assume that the forum name is not defined somewhere?  It appears in all the correct places as far as I can see.

Can anyone please explain, and suggest how to rectify?

Thanks

Regards

Paul

Chas Large

OK,
1. Did you upgrade ALL the files (large upgrade)
2. Did you install all new versions of the mods you previously had
3. Have you upgraded the forum to use UTF-8

Normally an undefined index is where a mod or page refers to an index within the language file that might be missing. In this case it looks like the reference "forum_name_html_safe" is missing from the index.english_british-utf8.php is missing. Find index.english-utf8.php in your Themes/default/languages directory and find the reference in there, copy it and paste it into the index.english_british-utf8.php file.

Often mods don't install into anything other than English and if you change language AFTER installing a mod then you need to copy the indexes from index.english to index.english_british files.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Prids

Chas,

You are a star, thank you.

1 I did a webinstall upgrade from v1.1.16 to v 2.0.2
2 I uninstalled all mods and reinstalled all that were available as updates and compatible with v2.0.2
3 Yes!!!

It was 3, as you suggested.  All fixed now.

I'm embarrassed to say that I had I thought hard enough I already knew that answer, from an issue when I first started using SMF long ago.  I am so dim I needed reminding in words of one syllable. 

There is another intermittent error, but your timely reminder has opened my eyes again to some manual edits I need to do.

Thank you for your help, and I'm sorry to have taken up your time.

Best Regards

Paul

Chas Large

Glad you got it sorted Paul we all forget things it comes with age :D

No problem helping out and never a waste of time.

Chas.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: