News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Karma Description Mod

Started by Grek.Kamchatka, September 11, 2005, 11:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiPsY

Quote from: Kindred on July 10, 2013, 12:40:26 PM
it looks like one of the language files gort updated incorrectly.

Look at this mod - find which language files it edits...   confirm that each (and every) one of those files has the ?> as the FINAL THING in the file. NOTHING should be after that... not a space, not a carriage return... nothing.

If the ?> is higher in the file... move it to the end
Thanks!

After researching it was in $themedir/languages/Who.english.php which I'd never expect to look there
I have no idea why the file didn't update with the ?> in the end of the file

shazoo!

Quote from: shazoo! on July 10, 2013, 06:46:55 PM
Quote from: shazoo! on June 02, 2013, 06:37:43 AM
Quote from: shazoo! on August 10, 2012, 09:36:49 AM
In the Karma notification, I see:

Dear user. Your karma was changed. You can see the log if follow this link:
?action=ownkarma;u=2

The reason of changing was: Thank you!

How do I fix the link?
Anyone have an idea of how to fix this?  I'm sure it's probably something simple

I see it's referencing "$scripturl" before "?action=ownkarma;u=2".... where can I go to verify my scripturl is present?
Can anyone help me with this issue?
How can I make the message include the beginning of the URL?

It's showing only ?action=ownkarma;u=2, so I have to figure out why it's not placing "http://www.website.com/forum/index.php" in front of that.  Any ideas for me to try?

DSystem

Congrats on the MOD. This making the biggest success in my forum

Installed and working perfectly in SMF 2.0.5

Dijboy

It's working on my forum version 2.0.5. Thanks for the mod :D
Edit: Also works on 2.0.6!

makv

At certain places in my forum (such as Who's Online) users see text relating to this mod at the top of their page. Here is an example:

//Karma Descriprion Mod $txt['whoadmin_viewkarma'] = 'Viewing Karmachange Description log.'; $txt['whoall_modifykarma'] = 'Changing karma.'; //Karma Descriprion Mod $txt['whoadmin_viewkarma'] = 'Viewing Karmachange Description log.'; $txt['whoall_modifykarma'] = 'Changing karma.';

Any idea what is going on here or how to fix it?

makv

Quote from: makv on November 29, 2013, 06:54:14 AM
At certain places in my forum (such as Who's Online) users see text relating to this mod at the top of their page. Here is an example:

//Karma Descriprion Mod $txt['whoadmin_viewkarma'] = 'Viewing Karmachange Description log.'; $txt['whoall_modifykarma'] = 'Changing karma.'; //Karma Descriprion Mod $txt['whoadmin_viewkarma'] = 'Viewing Karmachange Description log.'; $txt['whoall_modifykarma'] = 'Changing karma.';

Any idea what is going on here or how to fix it?

Ah, got it. The Who.english.php file was hosed as per a post a page or so back. Move the ?> to the end of the file and that did it.

bros

Is there a way to make it so the karma description is optional? I have some members who don't like to put in descriptions, while others would like to have the option of putting a description in

Grek.Kamchatka

Quote from: bros on February 19, 2014, 06:40:14 PM
Is there a way to make it so the karma description is optional? I have some members who don't like to put in descriptions, while others would like to have the option of putting a description in
Check this in karma settings - "Change karma without explanation"

bros

Quote from: Grek.Kamchatka on February 19, 2014, 07:29:09 PM
Quote from: bros on February 19, 2014, 06:40:14 PM
Check this in karma settings - "Change karma without explanation"

That makes it so nobody can give an explanation.

FemR

What happens with my current karma totals for each member when I install this mod on a forum that only has the basic SMF v2 karma (from Core features) turned on?

Some members have over 5000 'karma_good' points, will these totals be kept after I install this mod?

Currently in 'log_karma' table there is only one row that gets overwritten over and over and all the karma totals are kept in 'karma_good' and 'karma_bad' in 'members' table. Will all my members lose those totals and will have to start over?

Thank you for clarification  :)

EDIT: Installed - previous karma totals in 'members' table ('karma_good' and 'karma_bad') got kept  :)

GamePersia

it's not uninstalling !!..... :(
Help needed,..
saying no uninstaller found,..contact mod author

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on July 01, 2012, 02:36:46 AM
Kinda stupid question but I want to minimise all the ifs in this block of code that I've redone the HTML of...

//Karma Description Mod
if (!empty($modSettings['karmadescmod']) && !empty($modSettings['karmainmessage']))
   {
if (($context['karma_message_plus']!=0) || ($context['karma_message_minus']!=0))
{
if (!empty($modSettings['karmainmessagelink']))
{
echo '<a href="'. $scripturl . '?action=karmamessage;u='. $message['member']['id'] .';topic=', $context['current_topic'], ';m=', $message['id'], '"> +'.$context['karma_message_plus'].'/-'.$context['karma_message_minus'].$txt['karma_count'].'</a>';
}
else
{
echo '+'.$context['karma_message_plus'].'/-'.$context['karma_message_minus'].$txt['karma_count'];
}
}

}

What do they mean? What does each one do exactly? I get the first one checks that the settings are on, and the second makes sure there's more or less than 0 for either karma, but what's the third one do?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

blunted

wont install in 2.0.7 says not compatible

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

@rjen

Nice Mod, except for the display position issue with Tinyportal that was reported earlier.

Since I a running a completely dutch forum, I created a full translation for the text files to Dutch.
I attached the "language_dutch.xml" file.

This can be added to the install . zip file, just add following lines in the "package-info.xml" and it installs and de-installs with the rest...

Quote<modification type="file" format="xml">language_english.xml</modification>
      <modification type="file" format="xml">language_english_utf8.xml</modification>
      <modification type="file" format="xml">language_dutch.xml</modification>

and
Quote<modification reverse="true">language_english.xml</modification>
      <modification reverse="true">language_english_utf8.xml</modification>
      <modification reverse="true">language_dutch.xml</modification>

It would be nice to get the screen layout in the profile fixed when combined with Tinyportal...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Empire KickAss

I have an error, I can't found it anywhere in Display.template.php.

As from the image there is two lots of links

Want to remove one of them
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

lntit

Hi there,

First off, this is a great and useful mod!

I just have a minor problem:
If I am going to delete an entry, it does not redirects me correctly to the previous page (I guess it should go there, right?). This is what I get in the Error log:

---------/index.php?action=viewkarma
8: Undefined index: sort
File: ----/Sources/Viewkarma_smf2.php
Line: 535

---------/index.php?action=viewkarma
8: Undefined index: start
File: ----/Sources/Viewkarma_smf2.php
Line: 535

Offending line is:
                redirectexit('action=viewkarma;start=' . $_GET['start'] . ';sort='. $_GET['sort'].';' . (isset($_GET['desc']) ? 'desc' : 'asc') . '');

We are on SMF 2.0.11.

It would be cool if there is a solution for this.

thesiger

Are people still using this mod? Our forum has always had it but I am reluctant to reinstall it again as it hasn't been updated for three years. We just upgraded to 2.0.14.

Kindred

why would that matter? Most mods which work on 2.0.x will work on any other 2.0.x with little, if any, need for further modification
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: