Addonchat Integration script

Started by Suki, November 20, 2012, 11:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsky

Thanks Suki,

Getting closer i now don't get the white screen but i do see the 'setting' and 'look setting' buttons but i have no boxes to add any settings ?

sorry to be such a pain and thanks for the support so far.

thanks again

Suki

Sorry for the late response, will add some changes to the files and attach a new version here shortly.

The changes would basically be changing any "self" word with "static" on /Sources/AddonChat.php file.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

vsky

Hi Suki,

Great thanks very much, i did try changing all to 'static' but had no luck...

Suki

What do you mena with "no luck"?  you couldn't change them or the change did nothing?
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

vsky

Hi Suki,
i changed the details in the php file ok, but it still dd not work.

i could create you an account and PM you the details if you have time so you can see what i mean..

Suki

What do you mean by "don't work"  can you please be more specific?

I'm still not sure if you installed the mod properly so its difficult to tell you what exactly is causing the issue.

Is there any error in your error log?  or your server error log?

vsky

Hi Suki,
i am sorry i will try to explain better.
Ok i just started again with a clean brand new forum, SMF 2.0.9 No other Mods installed,
Installed the AddonChat mod with Package Manager, Once Installed this tried to take me to the AddonChat settings page but it was just a white page..
I then Changed the 'self to 'static' in the AddonChat.php in Sources and again all i get is a white page.

'general' => 'self::generalSettings',
         'look' => 'self::lookSettings'

Just change the self part with static

so it would look like this:

$subActions = array(
         'general' => 'static::generalSettings',
         'look' => 'static::lookSettings'
      );

I then noticed that the files had not been copied to the themes folder, i did this and then had chat Integration appear in configuration.
when i click chat Integration i see a page with 'look' and 'look settings' but nothing else.
i.e nowhere to add my addonchat details...

this is as far as i have got at the moment.

don't know what else i can say to explain it better sorry.

Suki

Sorry for the late response.

Try the attached zip.  Un zip it and move all the files and folders to your Source folder and make sure your existing files gets overwritten by the new ones.

vsky

Hi Suki,
Firstly Sorry for the Long delay in replying,
I have tried all sorts to get your mod working with no luck. I have a feeling it is down to the php version that is in use.

At the moment I just have Addonchat as a popup and users just login in when they want to.

I have also created a page as below for use with proboards  :-X to see if I can get it to work with SMF,
Could you please help with the section below in blue,

{ iconsize: 0, autologin: true, username: proboards.data [nofollow]('user').username }

as I am unsure how to hook the usernames from SMF to the above, if this is at all possible ?

Pro Boards Setup below, I created a page with Simple Portal..

Part one: Create the chat page
1. In forum admin under structure select Custom Pages
2. Click Create New Custom Page.
3. Type Chat as the Title and chat as the ID then click the create button.
4. Select from Layouts "Blank" then at bottom of page click Submit
5. Click the HTML tab.
6. Paste the embedded chat code into the HTML. Place <center> before the code and </center> after the code.
7. Edit the portion of this code that reads
{ iconsize: 0 }
and replace it with
{ iconsize: 0, autologin: true, username: proboards.data [nofollow]('user').username }
Then Save Changes.

Part two: Place your chat link into the navigation menu
I used Ultimate menu to add a new Tab to the Navigation Panel

Thanks for your help
Hope you have a Fantastic 2015

Regards
Vsky

Suki

Whats your php version? I may install that on a vm to properly test this mod on it.

As for this part:  { iconsize: 0, autologin: true, username: proboards.data('user').username }

It depends, where exactly are you putting this?  what exactly does this code do?  it seems to me that this part is pseudo code that gets parsed sometime later with something else, if thats the case, you can skip that and directly use $context['user']['name']

But that depends on where exactly are you trying to put the code and that will only work for SMF, I have no idea how proboards works though.

In essence, if you want to put your chat in a poup page, this pop up page needs to be done in php and has to include SSI.php so you can have access to SMF's vars and resources.

Advertisement: