News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ignore User

Started by Rudolf, September 12, 2005, 01:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golthar

Hey, I'm not complaining :)
Was just trying and coming up dry and since I was attending something else I could not toy with the code until it worked.
Thanks a lot for the instructions it works fine for me  :D

Rudolf

I didn't meant to say that you were complaining.  ;) It was justa  figure of speech. I'm glad it works for you. Hope this will be fixed in the final version.
  It would be good if you could confirm this bug, or something. You too got 0 sized files, with permissions being ok? Because if yes, then it's obvious that it's a bug in SMF, and should report it (if it wasn't done already).

Rudolf
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

golthar

To be honest the whole package system has been crippled (but got that fixed following instructions in here)
I'm just going to install the mods that I need manually, since I don't need that much (SMF is very complete right out of the box)

snork13

Quote from: golthar on October 09, 2005, 12:02:09 PM
I can second the request for a 1.1 RC version of this mod

this mod works with 1.1rc1 demo below:

www.phantasyposters.net/community
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

J. Williams

SMF RC 1 Includes a ignore option already

Profile - Personal Message Options

Its a waste of time as that in the next version maybe restyled like the buddy list maybe with those options
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Rudolf

You said it yourself: Personal Message Options
This means that it applies to Personal Messages and *not* posts.
If you go to read some of the discussions on the subject you can learn very quickly that the SMF development team was not to much cooperative on this. Don't expect it to be included in the close future.

gri

Quote from: rudiksz on October 09, 2005, 02:53:38 PM
  It would be good if you could confirm this bug, or something.
You too got 0 sized files, with permissions being ok?
Because if yes, then it's obvious that it's a bug in SMF,
and should report it (if it wasn't done already).

Rudolf

rudiksz,
I confirm 0-sized files in result of mod installation in 1.1 RC1.

snork13

Quote from: gri on October 13, 2005, 07:03:55 PM
Quote from: snork13 on October 11, 2005, 05:21:41 PM
this mod works with 1.1rc1 demo below:

www.phantasyposters.net/community

snork13,
express yourself more precisely please -
have you just overwrote the zero-length files

Ignore.php, Ignore.template.php, Ignore.english.php,
ignore.gif, unignore.gif, ignhide.gif, ignshow.gif

after the mod installation attempt ?

what i did.

downloaded smf 1.1rc1 -installed
downloaded ignore mod -installed, i think one part of the code had to be adjusted for 1.1rc1, as i install mods by hand only...no package manager for me.

hope this helps.

i also have the arcade, quick menu, and many "tips & tricks' installed <<---thanks smf

-snork

Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

shark

I'm using SMF 1.1 RC1.
Applied "Enhanced Quick Reply" mod before.
Already installed "Ignore User" mod.
Now i have problem customizing my templates (non default template).

I cant find this line in my Display.template.php:
<search position="before"><![CDATA[ global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings;]]>

Please guide...

Rudolf

<?php
// Version: 1.1 RC1; Display

function template_main()
{
global $context$settings$options$txt$scripturl$modSettings

in the very beginning of the file.
Rudolf

shark

Got this error:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in .../Themes/SafGreen/Display.template.php on line 4

1: <?php
// Version: 1.1 RC1; Display
4: <![CDATA[5 //IGNORE - START
6: echo '
7: <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">]]><<![CDATA[!-- // -->]]><![CDATA[<![CDATA[
8:  function showhide(msgnr)

Only need to modify Display.template.php rite?

Please help  :(

Rudolf

That part is a bit tricky. You can't insert the text that is in the xml file as it is.
After the

function template_main()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings;

Add this (instead of what is in the xml file):
//IGNORE - START
echo '
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
function showhide(msgnr)
{  
if (document.getElementById("message"+msgnr).style.display == "")
    {document.getElementById("message"+msgnr).style.display = "none";
     document.getElementById("ignmsgbttns"+msgnr).style.visibility = "hidden";
     document.getElementById("ignoremessage"+msgnr).style.display = "";
     document.getElementById("ignfooter"+msgnr).style.display = "none";
     document.getElementById("showhide"+msgnr).src = "', $settings['images_url'] . '/' . $context['user']['language'] . '/ignshow.gif"' ,';
     document.getElementById("showhide"+msgnr).alt = "', $txt['show_hide'] ,'";      
    }
    else
    {document.getElementById("message"+msgnr).style.display = "";
     document.getElementById("ignmsgbttns"+msgnr).style.visibility = "visible";
     document.getElementById("ignoremessage"+msgnr).style.display = "none";
     document.getElementById("ignfooter"+msgnr).style.display = "";
     document.getElementById("showhide"+msgnr).src = "', $settings['images_url'] . '/' . $context['user']['language'] . '/ignhide.gif"' ,';
     document.getElementById("showhide"+msgnr).alt = "', $txt['show_hide'] ,'";      
     }
}
// ]]></script>';
//IGNORE - END

Rudolf

liberalfaerie

Just wondering - is it possible to edit this mod so that users are unable to ignore the moderators and/or admin? We sometimes have a problem with trolls and are concerned that if a troll has ignored the staff of the forum, then we will be unable to send them the warnings that we have outlined in our TOS before banning them.

So is this possible? Or can users ignore every other user across the board, including the admin?

Rudolf

Right now there's no checking done whether the user is an admin, mod or just a simple user. Everyone can ignore everyone.
  But you must understand that this refers only to the posts not being displayed (they are stil there hidden) and one can always show them if they wish to see. Ignoring an user doesn't blocks the PM's this user sends to you (for that you'll have to use the PM blockinglist), nor does block the emails sent by the admins (if you "ignore" them).

Anyway, I think it's pretty easy to disable admin ignoring. I'll look into it.

Rudolf

liberalfaerie

Quote from: rudiksz on October 19, 2005, 12:49:49 AM
Right now there's no checking done whether the user is an admin, mod or just a simple user. Everyone can ignore everyone.
  But you must understand that this refers only to the posts not being displayed (they are stil there hidden) and one can always show them if they wish to see. Ignoring an user doesn't blocks the PM's this user sends to you (for that you'll have to use the PM blockinglist), nor does block the emails sent by the admins (if you "ignore" them).

Anyway, I think it's pretty easy to disable admin ignoring. I'll look into it.

Rudolf

Thanks for responding so quickly! We've pretty much decided that if a user, such as Gri here above, ignores the admin or moderator they do so at their own risk. It's in our TOS that they will be sent to the Troll Hole (a private forum just for trolls) and allowed to visit nowhere else on the board, regardless of whether they saw their warnings or not, lol.

However, if at some point you find a way to disable admin ignoring, that would be great and we'd love to add that feature to our ignore mod.  ;D

liberalfaerie

Gri, if you could post something coherent, I might actually give you a response. As it is, your posts make no sense to me and are about as annoying as a fly buzzing around my food on a hot summer day. Shoo fly. ::)

Rudolf

@liberalfaeire:
I wrote the code to disable admin+global+moderator ignoring.
I'm planning to update the mod and include a setting relative to this. So everyone can choose to allow or not.  This setting will be available only for admins, of course.  ;)

I hope I can work on it this weekend, and will update the mod.
(If you are very impatient I think I can write here the basic code.)

Rudolf

liberalfaerie

Quote from: rudiksz on October 20, 2005, 05:42:25 AM
@liberalfaeire:
I wrote the code to disable admin+global+moderator ignoring.
I'm planning to update the mod and include a setting relative to this. So everyone can choose to allow or not.  This setting will be available only for admins, of course.  ;)

I hope I can work on it this weekend, and will update the mod.
(If you are very impatient I think I can write here the basic code.)

Rudolf

That is awesome! I'm not that impatient. We've got it installed as is now, we can wait until you get it completed to install this added feature. I really, really appreciate your quick response and fix to this! Thanks!  :D

Redeye

I get the following error message when installing:

QuoteYou have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ignore (ID_MEMBER MEDIUMINT( 8 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL , UNIQUE (ID
File: /home/mysite/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/Ignoredb.php
Line: 11

Any ideas?

Rudolf

What version of SMF are you using and what PHP/MYSQL.
I have no idea why you get that error, the query is correct.

Rudolf

Advertisement: