News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

vMulticolor-Stars Mod

Started by Valodim, September 12, 2005, 08:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valodim

Link to Mod

This mod replaces the common stars system. By default, instead of displaying only the primary group's stars, it takes all stars together and fills up with default stars. for example:

a member is admin (1x red star), special member (1x silver star) and is in the posting group "hero" (4x gold star), he'd have the one red, one silver, and 2 more gold stars all in a row. Of course, you could set "administrators" to have 3 red stars + the rest, but one-color-per-group works pretty well for me :)

There's also options to display all postgroup-stars (and not just fill up), and add breakrows between stargroups now (for badges). :)

This is useful for big forums with many membergroups, because people can see all of them instead of just the main one.

I've been using this at my place for quite a while now, and it's working fine. check it out to see how it really looks:
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/

New feature in 0.98+: Postgroup-based stars. If this option is enabled, the number of stars is determined by the postgroup while the stars (ie, their colors) depend on the main membergroup. Meaning, if you're in administrator group (which has one red star) and hero postgroup, you have four red stars. If administrator group has two red stars, that would result in 8 red stars.

There's a number of stars included in the package (namely those I use on my forum, I was too lazy to make more for this ;P), it also contains big stars by tony, and works very well with badges :)

\\ 0.98

Added feature (by request from alexasc), see above

\\ 0.99

whoops, I forgot to have members with no main rank have the default postgroup stars for alternate mode :)

Anguz

Thanks! I wanted something like this, but was too lazy to do it. :P
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

trenchteam

wow, extremely nice mod! Thanks! This is awesome!

huijaa

Is it compitable for version 1.0.5 ?
Dovenforum Nederland -- a forum for deaf people in the Netherlands --

Valodim

not tested, but since it's a very simple mod, it might. give me a sec'

\\ edit

no it didn't. fixed ;)

Tony Reid

Tony Reid

Valodim

yah I like them. added them to the package, thanks :)

huijaa

I see it...

Step 1 ... failed - ERR(1): Search string could not be found
Step 2 ... ok

It was at version 1.0.5... :(

But I would change first step in this mod, but it don't works. I think that i must upgrade my forum  to 1.1 beta 3...

R1p.PeR

the mod installs correctly but when i try to see the topics in the boards i got this error

An Error Has Occurred!
2: Missing argument 2 for db_query()

i have version 1.0.5 of the forum  :o

huijaa

Quote from: R1p.PeR on September 13, 2005, 11:31:50 AM
the mod installs correctly but when i try to see the topics in the boards i got this error

An Error Has Occurred!
2: Missing argument 2 for db_query()

i have version 1.0.5 of the forum  :o
it's same result at my...:(

Valodim

crap >_<

I'll fix that immediately, sec'

\\ edit

haha, I forgot to add __FILE__, __LINE__ to the query. 1.0.5 seems to be more picky about that than 1.1beta3, I'm sorry. :P

R1p.PeR

maybe i can't make a mod but i think that the problem is it

// exluce all with minPosts = -2, so we don't get warning "stars" here! (for vWarn mod)
$result = db_query("SELECT ID_GROUP, groupName, stars FROM {$db_prefix}membergroups WHERE ID_GROUP IN ('" . implode('\',\'', $groupsToLoad) . "') AND minPosts != -2");
while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
$groupData[$row['ID_GROUP']] = explode('#', $row['stars']);
$groupData[$row['ID_GROUP']]['name'] = $row['groupName'];

seem that you vstar mod was created to work with you vwarning mod  :'(

Valodim

geez, that's what I get for hurrying >_<

seem that you vstar mod was created to work with you vwarning mod 

nope, that's not it.

DO NOT YET use with smf1.0.5, there's some unfixed problem left! I hope I can fix it fast, sorry guys.

PS: what's wrong with the smf page, it's slow as hell >_<

\\ edit

didn't notice "additionalGroups" wasn't in the normal profile-query, fixed now and should work for 1.1 and 1.0.5. sorry for any inconveniences :(

R1p.PeR

:D  woaaah, the mod works now, thx a lot   ;D

huijaa

Quote from: R1p.PeR on September 13, 2005, 01:38:05 PM
:D  woaaah, the mod works now, thx a lot   ;D
How? (when it works at version 1.0.5) I found it in download at mods-page. It works now too, thx a lot ;D

kikea

... last fix work - ok, but now for users not including counted stars ...
I'm using SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public. I'm tested your mod an example for Admin account and only displays the Admin star.

Thanks for good stuff.

Valodim

works fine for me ???

if your admin rank has the default number of stars, which is 5, and the user has < 6 postcount-stars (by default, max is 5), there aren't any. change your admin rank to one single star and it should work.

kikea

An suggestion,

Not will be more obvious if will displays all stars from all Groups?

An example.

If User is in Administrator group, and Moderator, and he also is a Newbie.
For me is more usefull if it will displayed at following example:

Current for this user is displayed as following:

From my point view ... the second version is more confuse than first.

Valodim

don't think so, a profile would just have too many stars, then. that other star mod around here (the one with "badges" in its name) does it like that, I think...

Jazhawk

Are these stars automatic and where do I configure them?  I dont' see anything on my test board.

-Jazhawk

Advertisement: