How and what to upgrade....?

Started by Uexplode, September 13, 2005, 09:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uexplode

am I supposed to use? I get this mess when I click on arcade In my forum.

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.3, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

I made a fresh install whit the SMF 1.0.5. Is It the databas I install the forum on (on my webhotel) or do I need a upgrade on the forum software?

Never straight and narrow
I won't keep in time
Tend to burn the arrow
Out of the line
www.tuvebrink.se

Oldiesmann

There's most likely some sort of database error with the arcade mod. I don't think that upgrading the database is all that urgent, and it's likely that some files will still be 1.0.3 because many files have not changed since then.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

Notice the word may.  In this case, it does not, I am 100% entirely sure.  The error message above that will not go away unless it is solved itself, and has nothing to do with upgrading the forum.

-[Unknown]

Uexplode

Thanks for the replyes ;D
I will sen a mail to the ppl that own the webhotel and ask If thay can upgrade the databas. I found more that dont work. I started a poll and when I want to look at It, I get:
//
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
File: /data/members/paid/t/u/tuvebrink.se/htdocs/www/forum/Sources/Display.php
Line: 546

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.3, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.
//

I won't keep in time
Tend to burn the arrow
Out of the line
www.tuvebrink.se

[Unknown]

This is, again, caused by a mod installed.  Your host need change nothing.  I would suggest removing the modifications.

-[Unknown]

Uexplode

ok...I delited the forum and reinstalled It, and now It works again=)
I think It was the arcade mod that tid not like the swedish bord. It was after arcade It started to get werd. even after I removed It.

Thanks for helping me! :)
I won't keep in time
Tend to burn the arrow
Out of the line
www.tuvebrink.se

Advertisement: