News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.3, 1.1.17 and 1.0.23 security patches released

Started by emanuele, December 16, 2012, 05:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharks

I never thought we'd seen another update in 2012. Things just became so incredibly quiet around here for so many months... But this is great and i'm glad to be proven wrong! :D I look forward to a more fruitful 2013 for the SMF community.

Words out to the entire world: The software still works! It really does! ;)

Great job, SMF team!

Paracelsus

Mstcool

Just curious. Yeah 2.0.3 is released (kinda quick don't you think? :)) but this forum isn't updated to it...why?

Daktyl198

Thanks for the update.
It was quick and painless too.

@Mstcool I think you're mistaking the security update 2.0.3 with the next full release 2.1 :D

sharks

There are still 13 bugs which have never been fixed for SMF 1.1.x since several releases! :( I don't know if it's worth updating my forums at this point. Why not fix that small bunch of remaining bugs and release the ultimate Gold/Platinum version of SMF 1.1.x?

Also, i'm trying to download the changelog:
http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_1-1-17_changelog.txt
But i get the error: Sorry but you can not directly download an archived file without first going through the Simple Machines website.
I am using the latest Firefox 17.0.1

Mstcool

Wait I'm confused. Is this a new release or what because I just updated my forum to 2.0.3. Successfully I believe.

joe90

1.1.16 to 1.1.17 two clicks done in 40 seconds  can't ask for more than that, excellent
SMF: 1.1.17
Simpleportal:

emanuele

Quote from: sharks on December 17, 2012, 02:56:33 AM
I never thought we'd seen another update in 2012. Things just became so incredibly quiet around here for so many months... But this is great and i'm glad to be proven wrong! :D I look forward to a more fruitful 2013 for the SMF community.
Well, I really liked a years without security issues and I hope I'll never have to make another patch available! O:)

Quote from: sharks on December 17, 2012, 03:06:29 AM
There are still 13 bugs which have never been fixed for SMF 1.1.x since several releases! :(
Is there any security issue within those bugs?
Since historically SMF has always fixed only security issues with patches, is not very likely a patch to fix bugs in 1.1.
Anyway, since a patch is a mod, anyone is free to fix those issues and provide the patch somewhere.

I don't know if it's worth updating my forums at this point. Why not fix that small bunch of remaining bugs and release the ultimate Gold/Platinum version of SMF 1.1.x?
Do you mean you are not sure if it is worth updating to 1.1.17?
I now don't know if all the work involved in doing a release is worth if people think bugs are more important than security fixes...

Also, i'm trying to download the changelog:
http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_1-1-17_changelog.txt
But i get the error: Sorry but you can not directly download an archived file without first going through the Simple Machines website.
I am using the latest Firefox 17.0.1
Changelog download seems broken...

Quote from: Mstcool on December 17, 2012, 03:14:03 AM
Wait I'm confused. Is this a new release or what because I just updated my forum to 2.0.3. Successfully I believe.
Isn't the subject line explicative enough?
SMF 2.0.3, 1.1.17 and 1.0.23 security patches released

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Crozz

Roph

Nolt

a10

2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

FrizzleFried

My forum... WITH JUST ABOUT 100 MODS (no,  I am not kidding)... updated WITHOUT A HITCH!

W00t!

NanoSector

Nice job, just tested my mods and they all work fine.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

TrickyRicky

Robert.

Diego Andrés

There's a problem with language packs. When you go to downloads and select the one that you want to uso/download, the download says that is damaged.

Regards and thanks for the info.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

emanuele

Quote from: emanuele on December 16, 2012, 05:05:30 PM
Update: 17/12/2012: there is still some issues with the upgrades page and the language packs that are not yet updated...sorry for the trouble.
;)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Diego Andrés

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Advertisement: