Board has serious problems after upgrade

Started by WizardHawk, September 13, 2005, 03:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardHawk

I have a test board and wanted to test 1.1b3 on it to look at the higher version of tiny portal for it. I first uninstalled the version of TP I had on the 1.05 board running and removed every theme and set the board to the default theme. I uploaded the files and did the upgrade.php install and got no errors, however now the board has serious issues. I cannot do anything without generating 5-15 errors in the error log and it looks like major parts of the admin panel are flat missing. I have gone in and made everything in the whole board 777 and attempted to upload the upgrade package and redo the upgrade at least 5 times and every time there is no error but I have this same issue. Can anyone help me out?

Seems its the same file all of the errors are reporting about.

[Unknown]

WizardHawk

Right, not sure what that means or what to do about it. The install this upgrade was replacing was installed by fantastico with just its default settings. The only mods I ever put on it was Tiny Portal and uninstalled it prior to upgrade.

In short, I never added any languages and have no idea how to get updated ones.

[Unknown]

Are you sure you uploaded all of the files from the upgrade zip file?

Specifically, you need to reupload the files in Themes/default/languages.  You cna check if more files are out of date by going to Admin and selecting "(more detailed)" near the current version.

-[Unknown]

WizardHawk

I did it yet again and still have the same problem. I watched each file go in one by one and am positive the entire file set uploaded correctly. It was like 4.3M worth of files and even the language files went just fine. I ran upgrade again and still have the same situation. The template and language files are listed as still being 1.04 but for the life of me I cannot figure out why and what is going wrong.

I could just do a clean install but then when its time to upgrade my real forum I'd be up a creek wouldn't I. Finding out what is wrong and fixing this is the only way I'll even consider upgrading my real forum.

Oldiesmann

Try deleting Themes/default/Admin.english.php and re-uploading it. Sometimes FTP clients don't overwrite files.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

JayBachatero

It seems like you have old theme files there also or you just ereased some of the links.  Re-download the file and upload it again.  If that is 1.1 b3 the menu on the right is wrong.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Oldiesmann

The missing links are due to SMF not being able to find particular language strings (the same thing causing the "Undefined index" errors) and not old theme files.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

WizardHawk

I found the problem. For some reason the files for default theme were pointing to a different installed version. I changed the pointers to the correct folder and BAM it worked. :)

Thanks for putting up with noob central here. Keep up the great work!

Advertisement: