News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

built in spam prevention such as akisimet and honeypot

Started by revwill, December 21, 2012, 06:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revwill

This is something that is becomming to the norm, auto-rejection and usage of databases to search through.  To have this built in would be integrated to work so smoothly and not to have to keep up which mod needs to be updated.  For when I look at the installed mods and the little green light for version -- the accuracy is not always there and when you seek there is an update for a particular mod when the green light says your up to date. 

Thanks for considering, thank you for reading as well

William

Kindred

We try to avoid setting any features which require a third party...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

If these services didn't require you to sign up - and potentially pay for them in some cases - we would probably agree with you.

But Akismet doesn't actually work very well for forums (it works better on blogs) in any case...

On the basis of the above, I just can't see us adding them to the core.

Ricky.

In addition to that, Arantor Beeblebrox the First has already added tiny but very effective measure in 2.1 which along with QnA can really do wonder in automated spam.

Arantor

Advertisement: