News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Q on SMFtg

Started by RAT, September 13, 2005, 08:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAT

I tried using the offline template generator and none of my changes seem to show up, was trying to change background color from white to light gray, am I doing something wrong ???
Musician : Latin for "unemployed" !

Quinn

Which background are you trying to change?

Use the style.css to change all the templates colors and images backgrounds.

Be sure to change the theme settings in the Admin Control Panel to point to the correct folders for your theme. Also make sure the Header is pointing to your stylesheet.css

echo '
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/style.css" />';

RAT

I think I figured it out, I was uploading and overwriting the .css file in the default when I am using the classic !!!!! DUH !! Well, I said I was a newB  !!!!  Thanks for the help !

Quinn

what theme are you using?

Did you make a template from the default them in the control panel first?

Have  you seen these posts yet?

Quinn

Quote from: RAT on September 13, 2005, 09:05:46 PM
I think I figured it out, I was uploading and overwriting the .css file in the default when I am using the classic !!!!! DUH !! Well, I said I was a newB  !!!!  Thanks for the help !

That would do it for me... your not the only one to have done it either!

yer welcome!

RAT

Quote from: Quinn on September 13, 2005, 09:30:22 PM
what theme are you using?

Did you make a template from the default them in the control panel first?

Have  you seen these posts yet?

I had two themes when i installed smf, classic and default, i am using classic, after first trying default.

I have read those posts but being an extreme newB, they are confusing so I will just have to trail and error i guess unless I get help here. Thanks for your help !!

RAT

Advertisement: