Request: Convert from FUDForum 3.0.4

Started by trex2000, December 26, 2012, 06:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trex2000

Hi ya,

is it possible to convert from FUDForum 3.0.4 to SMF? I've found a converter only from FUDForum 2.6.x.

regards

Oldiesmann

What sort of database changes were there between 2.6 and 3.0? We should be able to update the 2.6 converter to work with 3.0.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

trex2000

That would be really great!

I run a forum with> 40000 news and offer any assistance! As a co-developer of the GPL'ed home automation software FHEM I also have enough experience.

The first clue I have found is, that 2.6 users must first update to 3.0. I think the relevant information for you are included in upgrade.php.

If it is possible to donate, I'm willing to speed this up :-).

regards and a happy new year
martin

Oldiesmann

Doesn't look like there are too many differences in terms of table structure - just some minor changes to database values. I'll take another look at it in the coming days when I have a bit more free time and see what I can do for you :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

trex2000

That would be very much appreciated.

Regards Martin

trex2000

A friendly request: Are there any news?

FUDforum is day by day more than a pain in the a**  :o

Regards Martin

gothbert

Dear Oldiesmann,

I am co-maintainer of a FUDForum v3 based forum. We currently intend to migrate to SMF. The converter in the downloads sections is for FUDForum v2.6 only.

Quote from: Oldiesmann on December 31, 2012, 01:34:20 PM
Doesn't look like there are too many differences in terms of table structure - just some minor changes to database values. I'll take another look at it in the coming days when I have a bit more free time and see what I can do for you :)

It was therefore nice to see that you consider another version of the converter that handles FUDForum v3. Are there already plans for when the converter will be available? This would help us to take the right decision.

Cheers,
Boris

eldritch1969

Hi,
Anyone could provide an updated version to convert FUD 3.0.6 to SMF ?

Thx

Bigguy

I'm sure there should be someone around to answer your question soon. I'm not sure though by the looks of this thread that much has been done yet.

rshannon

Sure would be nice to have this importer. Of course, FUDforum is now at 3.06 - FWIW.

margarett

I don't think this converter was ever updated...

FWIW, the OP now runs a SMF forum. No idea how did he do the conversion, though...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Bigguy

Might be time to ask him maybe for those that are wanting it. :)

eldritch1969

It seems that there will be a new FUDforum development, using Code Igniter, but there's just one man involved in it at the moment, so it probably won't go anywhere.
If the OP could be contacted to tell us how he converted I would be really grateful. I can't seem to send him a PM right now.
Thx

Bigguy

ali.hassnain73

Quote from: trex2000 on December 28, 2012, 07:22:56 PM
That would be really great!

I run a forum with> 40000 news and offer any assistance! As a co-developer of the GPL'ed home automation software FHEM I also have enough experience.

The first clue I have found is, that 2.6 users must first update to 3.0. I think the relevant information for you are included in upgrade.php.

regards and a happy new year
martin
It's better to be safe than sorry.
M write article to hxxp:asp.net [nonactive] DEVELOPMENT so plz read it..................

eldritch1969

What do you mean ? What has it got to do with the topic ?

eldritch1969

Seems that this converter will never get an update...

Bigguy

I have not heard back from the OP yet either.

eldritch1969

Quote from: trex2000 on December 28, 2012, 07:22:56 PM

Could anyone fix this importer ? I'm willing to pay for it too !

Bigguy

Maybe it would be better to convert to phpbb and then to SMF if the OP is not going to answer. I guess it doesn't have to be phpbb, just trying to think of free software that would be easy to convert to to get to SMF.

Advertisement: