News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Related Topics

Started by niko, September 14, 2005, 11:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

niko

Link to Mod

Related Topics 1.4

Introduction
Related Topics adds listing of "Related Topics" or Similar Topics on topic view.
Method used to create listing can be changed from Admin. (Currently only one option)
Currently only MySQL is supported.

Versions
For SMF 2.0 use 1.4.
For SMF 1.1.x use 1.3.x

Please support development of this modification!
This modification is free but if you like this mod, please support it by making small donation.
You can support development of this modification by donating via PayPal, Donate now

Thank you!

Installation (1.3.x)
1. Use package manager to install or do it manually
2. Edit settings and save (location depends on version)
(SMF 1.1) Configuration -> Features and Options
(SMF 2.0) Configuration -> Modifications -> Related Topics
3. Use Build index link to make index

Features

• Methods

• Fulltext (MySQL only)

Methods

Contains currently one search method

Fulltext
- Related Topics are searched by Fulltext on subjects.
- MySQL only

Changelog

- Support for 2.0 Final
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

dtm.exe

Nice mod :).  This is a feature of vB, no?  Great idea.

1MileCrash

pure genious. Seriously. Defineately default-feature worth materail.

I dont recall of this feature with vB. Maybe a mod?
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

dtm.exe

Quote from: Tippmaster on September 14, 2005, 06:39:21 PM

At last check, it's a feature.  It may be disabled on some forums, but it's a implemented.

ArkServer

error installing:
2.     Execute Modification     Themes/default/Display.template.php     Test failed

1MileCrash

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on September 14, 2005, 06:56:29 PM
Quote from: Tippmaster on September 14, 2005, 06:39:21 PM

At last check, it's a feature.  It may be disabled on some forums, but it's a implemented.

yep, found it. It was disabled on my board. But it says "This can have an effect on performance.". Hopefully this mod for smf wont do so, exept for the better
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

dtm.exe

Quote from: Tippmaster on September 14, 2005, 07:36:25 PM
yep, found it. It was disabled on my board. But it says "This can have an effect on performance.". Hopefully this mod for smf wont do so, exept for the better

Being it sifts through the database searching for related topics, it will.

buf

QuoteCan't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list
Ficheiro: /home/cmspt/public_html/smf/Sources/Display.php
Linha: 184
After this, in portuguese (because my board is in portuguese), it tells me that I'm using smf 1.0.5 buf the database is in version 1.0.2... Not possible, because I found out about SMF a few months ago, I never used anything else besides 1.0.5.

I've applied only the changes manually on SMF 1.0.5 and Aqua Soft ported theme, double checked (never did understand that "search after" thingy, so I tried after and before :P), the changes on Display.Template.php give no errors, only the ones on Display.php.

On line 184 I have this (part of the mod):
$related = db_query("SELECT *, MATCH (ms.subject,ms.body) AGAINST ('{$mssub}') As Score  FROM {$db_prefix}messages As ms WHERE MATCH (ms.subject,ms.body) AGAINST ('{$mssub}') ORDER BY Score DESC LIMIT 0,10",__FILE__,__LINE__); //

This is a great mod, even if it slows the forum a bit.

PS: I should say I'm using the Global Announcement mod, don't know if that has any influence...
CMS-PT.com - Comunidade de Webmasters e Admins

Ivan Minic

I posted the idea for this.
And Niko made it really neat  8)

Tony Reid

Great mod - Im looking forward to adding it :)

It would be nice to be able to limit it to specific boards as well.

Tony Reid

niko

Quote from: buf on September 15, 2005, 04:30:45 AM
QuoteCan't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list
Ficheiro: /home/cmspt/public_html/smf/Sources/Display.php
Linha: 184
After this, in portuguese (because my board is in portuguese), it tells me that I'm using smf 1.0.5 buf the database is in version 1.0.2... Not possible, because I found out about SMF a few months ago, I never used anything else besides 1.0.5.

I've applied only the changes manually on SMF 1.0.5 and Aqua Soft ported theme, double checked (never did understand that "search after" thingy, so I tried after and before :P), the changes on Display.Template.php give no errors, only the ones on Display.php.

On line 184 I have this (part of the mod):
$related = db_query("SELECT *, MATCH (ms.subject,ms.body) AGAINST ('{$mssub}') As Score  FROM {$db_prefix}messages As ms WHERE MATCH (ms.subject,ms.body) AGAINST ('{$mssub}') ORDER BY Score DESC LIMIT 0,10",__FILE__,__LINE__); //

This is a great mod, even if it slows the forum a bit.

PS: I should say I'm using the Global Announcement mod, don't know if that has any influence...

At: Admin->Forum->Search->Search Method
Press "create a fulltext index"
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)

niko

Quote from: ArkServer on September 14, 2005, 07:11:29 PM
error installing:
2.     Execute Modification     Themes/default/Display.template.php     Test failed

You have modifed theme or using 1.0.5

Tony Reid

error installing:

Ive got that error  - and so decided to redownload the display.template.php file from simplemachines ... and I still get the error with it... Ive attached it.

Also I guess this needs full text indexing on - which I have... but I would just like to warn other members considering this - if its needed then it could double your forum db size! Well worth it though ;)
Tony Reid

ArkServer

Quote from: Tony on September 15, 2005, 06:36:00 PM
error installing:

Ive got that error  - and so decided to redownload the display.template.php file from simplemachines ... and I still get the error with it... Ive attached it.

Also I guess this needs full text indexing on - which I have... but I would just like to warn other members considering this - if its needed then it could double your forum db size! Well worth it though ;)

same here i used original 1.1 beta 3 and still no luck

Ivan Minic

Just please make it for 1.0.5 since it is the last stable version and much of us still use it.

Harelin

Quote from: Ivan Minic on September 17, 2005, 02:29:49 AM
Just please make it for 1.0.5 since it is the last stable version and much of us still use it.

Aye, I second this.

SeaOfSin

Quote from: Harelin on September 18, 2005, 01:43:19 PM
Quote from: Ivan Minic on September 17, 2005, 02:29:49 AM

Aye, I second this.

I don't third this!  ;)

Klauser

Hi,

I added this mod manual in 1.1.beta3 and it´s working fine, but this script is not using the board permissions, so anyone could see all topics  from hidden boards, where they are not members. Any plans in the future to exclude such postings ?

Thx and Regards

gh0stw4lk3r

i also get a test failed on the display template. i use 1.1 beta3 default theme

Advertisement: