News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Related Topics

Started by niko, September 14, 2005, 11:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amendoim

Quote from: imno007 on December 17, 2009, 03:26:39 PM
It's still not working for me. I've tried it with the default curve theme and there's nothing. No errors on install, it just doesn't display any related topics. Oh well.

I'm having the same problem, I have the 2.0rc2 version and install it correctly without errors .. use the SMF default theme, and when I go to some topic not have anything related topics = /
Versão 2.0 RC2 Portuguese_Pt

Simple Portal 2.3 Portuguese_Pt

Em crescimento na programação :)

http://www.gamextuga.com

niko

Did you build index? and is there topics that are counted as releated (check related topics tables in db)?
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

spiros

Edit: I fixed it.
In Subs-RelatedFulltext.php

Find
                        subject tinytext NOT NULL,
Replace
                        subject tinytext collate utf8_general_ci NOT NULL,

Some ideas for this mod:

1. Display related topics in all pages of multi-page topics (currently only displayed in last one)
2. Provide a stopword functionality, i.e. words that should not be taken into account for similarity metrics

Can it cope with UTF-8 and international characters?
I tried it on a Greek forum and it only creates related topics for posts with English titles

http://www.nonsmokersclub.com/forum/index.php?board=17.0

And not with Greek ones:
http://www.nonsmokersclub.com/forum/index.php?board=13.0

Look at the related subjects table. All Greek has been turned to quotations. I even tried changing the collation of smf_related_subjects to utf-8 but when I rebuilt index it was changed back to latin!

Amendoim

Quote from: Niko on December 18, 2009, 04:22:36 AM
Did you build index? and is there topics that are counted as releated (check related topics tables in db)?

I still have not established topics, or categories .. because we have not made the forum, I am in testing phases!
Now the MOD, not give me any related topic, or upgrading the database: /
Versão 2.0 RC2 Portuguese_Pt

Simple Portal 2.3 Portuguese_Pt

Em crescimento na programação :)

http://www.gamextuga.com

Kimmie

get this error when trying to rebuild index:

Table '******.smf_related_topics' doesn't exist
File: /home/*******/public_html/Sources/RelatedTopics.php
Line: 179

(and same error when trying to view any thread on the site while the mod was installed)

ChaosEnergy

just installed 1.4 b3

// Mod Authors for a "ADD AFTER" on this line. Ensure you end your change with a comma. For example:
                                                'related' => array($txt['admin_related_topic']),

this is the way, it should have looked like
but installed was it as:

// Mod Authors for a "ADD AFTER" on this line. Ensure you end your change with a comma. For example:                                                'related' => array($txt['admin_related_topic']),

so it was disabled
Chaos Empire ®

Kimmie

Quote from: Kimmie on December 25, 2009, 03:18:20 AM
get this error when trying to rebuild index:

Table '******.smf_related_topics' doesn't exist
File: /home/*******/public_html/Sources/RelatedTopics.php
Line: 179

(and same error when trying to view any thread on the site while the mod was installed)

any ideas on this?

Tanks

Can anybody tell me how to revers the order of the related topics list ?

Right now it is showing oldest topics at the top of the list. I would like to have the most recent related topics on top.

Cheers

Bugo

Russian translation:

// Added by Related Topics RUS
$txt['admin_related_topic'] = 'Похожие темы';
$txt['admin_related_topics_information'] = 'Информация';
$txt['admin_related_topics_settings'] = 'Настройки';
$txt['admin_related_topics_methods'] = 'Методы';
$txt['related_topics_admin_title'] = 'Похожие темы';
$txt['related_topics_admin_desc'] = '';
$txt['related_latest_news'] = ' Последние новости';
$txt['related_news_unable_to_connect'] = 'Невозможно соединиться с <a href="http://www.smfarcade.info">SMFArcade.info</a> для получения последних новостей...';
$txt['related_version_info'] = '&nbsp;Сведения о версии';
$txt['related_installed_version'] = 'Установленная версия';
$txt['related_latest_version'] = 'Последняя версия';
$txt['related_topics_ignored_boards'] = 'Игнорируемые разделы';
$txt['related_topics_methods_title'] = 'Методы';
$txt['related_topics_methods'] = 'Выберите метод, применяемый для определения похожих тем<div class="smalltext">После изменения этих настроек требуется пересборка индекса</div>';
$txt['related_topics_index'] = 'Индексация';
$txt['related_topics_rebuild'] = 'Пересборка индекса';
$txt['related_topics_rebuild_desc'] = 'Использовать это после изменения настроек или чтобы создать первоначальный кэш';
$txt['relatedFulltext'] = 'Полнотекстовый';
$txt['related_topics_settings_title'] = 'Похожие темы';
$txt['relatedTopicsEnabled'] = 'Активировать мод';
$txt['relatedTopicsCount'] = 'Как много похожих тем показывать';
$txt['no_methods_selected'] = 'Вы не выбрали используемый метод для определения похожих тем';
$txt['related_topics'] = 'Похожие темы';
// END Added by Related Topics RUS

Recommend using file languages.xml in ANSI for language translation windows-1251 and languages-utf8.xml encoded in utf8 without BOM - for language translation in the format utf8 :)

eigthy

Tanks

Quote from: Tanks on January 03, 2010, 11:56:28 AM
Can anybody tell me how to revers the order of the related topics list ?

Right now it is showing oldest topics at the top of the list. I would like to have the most recent related topics on top.

Cheers

Please, anybody ? :)

Autoteilekauf.com

Good idea Tanks, can anybody help?

I have installed the Mod on 1.1.11 and have the same problem.

Pawan

Not able to see related topic in post even after enabling.

spiros

Does it work on SMF 1.1.11? Parser says "Sorry, but this modification does not appear to be compatible with the selected version."

Tried to install, and although it showed that it installed fine, there is no sign of the menu to select which boards to index.

Also, when reached 99% of indexing I got:

Duplicate entry '56601' for key 1
File: /home/xxx/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-RelatedFulltext.php
Line: 58

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.11, while your database is at version 1.1.4. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Divaksh

Quote from: ChaosEnergy on December 29, 2009, 09:56:22 AM
just installed 1.4 b3

// Mod Authors for a "ADD AFTER" on this line. Ensure you end your change with a comma. For example:
                                                'related' => array($txt['admin_related_topic']),

this is the way, it should have looked like
but installed was it as:

// Mod Authors for a "ADD AFTER" on this line. Ensure you end your change with a comma. For example:                                                'related' => array($txt['admin_related_topic']),

so it was disabled

You should make these changes in Mod...

Divaksh

Not Showing Related Topics........ :(

I'm Using SMF 2.0 RC2

zarej

I'm too Using SMF 2.0 RC2 with 1.4 beta3 mod and when go to build index hxxp:demo.svrljig.net/index.php?action=admin;area=relatedtopics;sa=buildIndex [nonactive] nothing happened just page is refreshing. Table smf_related_topics is empty and no related posts is showing. Mod is enabled. Please help  :(

playdiune

This MOD only shows related topics for new topics. Not for old topics !!!

I instaled on version 1.1.11 and i got an error in the END of indexing, i think, related with pretty urls. But for new topics, the MOD is working great :)

thanks
My personal forum is now improving thanks to the Power of SMF

http://www.new-digital.net

Tanshaydar

Any chance to get updated for RC3?

jelence

I'm using SMF 2.0 RC2 with 1.4 beta3 mod. When I try to run 'related_topics.php' through browser it shows message:

'Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/a8242326/public_html/related_topics.php on line 69'

What does it mean?
Thanks.

Advertisement: