News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bridging Mediawiki 1.20.2 and SMF 2.0.2

Started by Goss, January 07, 2013, 08:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goss

Hello!  I'm attempting to setup the bridge found here (with the required edits mentioned on that page) for SMF 2.0.2 and a fresh install of Mediawiki 1.20.2.  However, when I activated the bridge in my wiki's LocalSettings.php it came back with this error on a blank screen:

[37ab57e4] 2013-01-08 00:55:57: Fatal exception of type MWException

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I've attached the edited copy of Auth_SMF.php I'm using.

Thanks!

mano82

I have the same problem but no solution...

in fact the issue happens when I try to set the login thru the SMF form by uncommenting the line $wgSMFLogin = true;

if I keep this false (or commented), the Wiki correctly collects the members from the SMF forum, however, it requires a double login on its form. moreover it doesn't import the members groups from SMF.

I also found that the issue is caused when applying the change indicated in the related installation guide hxxp://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SMF_Auth_Integration
//                      $wgHooks['AutoAuthenticate'][] = 'AutoAuthenticateSMF'; //original line
                       $wgHooks['UserLoadFromSession'][] = 'AutoAuthenticateSMF'; //fixed line

I mean that if I don't make that change, the wiki starts and requires the login from the SMF form. However it doesn't work anyway because it can't store the login session and continues to ask for login.
However if I update the $wgHooks as indicated, I get the Fatal exception and nothing loads...

[3495a1e8] 2015-01-31 11:39:10: Fatal exception of type MWException

I'm totally lost and like if someone could help...

thanks

**EDIT: I'm using latest version of SMF (2.0.9)

Illori

mano82

Thank you Illori, I've downloaded and installed the bridge you suggested, however I still have problems.

Actually I don't have critical errors (at the moment), however there is something wrong in the login/session.

When I log into the website/forum (I'm using SMF+SimplePortal), then I go to my wiki (websiteurl/wiki), but instead of taking me in it requires access again.
Then I click on the login: it redirects me to my SMF login, I log in, it redirects me to my home portal, I click to the wiki --> nothing changed...it requires access again...

This was done with admin account.
The wiki is set as private.
I edited the groups rights in the LocalSettings.php granting access to groups 1 and 11 (where 11 is a Wiki Editors group).
$wgSMFAdminGroupID = array(1, 11);
all other restrictions are not active at the moment but for these standards (from installation):
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['read'] = false;

**Edit: In fact at the moment I don't have access to my wiki!

From my (little) competence, I have some doubts I did something wrong with the setup of cookies...
The SMF part is correct as indicated in the instructions. However I'm not sure I'm pointing the smf-mw-auth to the right directions.

Is this line
$wgSMFLogin = true;
$wgCookieDomain = 'drunkenreapers.altervista.org';

consistent with my site hosted at drunkenreapers.altervista.org [nofollow] ?

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement: