Genders

Started by Cheeky Stoat, January 13, 2013, 05:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky Stoat

With the increase of trans people on the planet there should be more gender options or there should e an easier way to add genders if we want them.  I'm running an LGTBQ board and I'm struggling to even find a mod that will allow this.

Arantor

Cheeky Stoat

I already found that one and saw that it's only for 1.0 or am I just misunderstanding it?

Arantor

It says it's compatible with a bunch of versions; the code has not significantly changed since 2.0 RC2.

Kindred

Personally,  just turn off the gender crap anyway...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Cheeky Stoat

Thank you, Arantor.  I missed that.

Kindred, so true.  XD  I thought of doing that but I was asked to put something up so I've so far gone through the Ultimate Profile and set stuff up.

Arantor

Despite us living in the 21st Century, and being reasonably enlightened... I can't actually bring myself to put this in the core.

Me personally, live and let live. Whatever you are, whatever choices you make, those are yours. Unfortunately I have to remember that it is not just my choice on this one. SMF has a very broad reach as a piece of software, and there is a lot of bigotry out there with respect to gender roles.

I cannot encourage or support us putting something in the core that would alienate SMF to significant groups of both potential and current users, irrespective of my personal views on the matter. If I include this in SMF core, it will offend a lot of people. Whether that's appropriate or not is a matter I won't get into - but I cannot risk us adding something that would offend a lot of people.

Kindred

As much as I (personally) agree with the multi-gender definitions - as the PM, and looking at the welfare of the project, I (unfortunately) have to agree with Arantor.

I would suggest, however, that we consider a mod to fully expand the gender definitions (even beyond what Motoko's original mod did)
increase Gender selection options
update the gender ratio in the stats.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: