Where's the location of smf_themes?

Started by afam4eva, January 31, 2013, 10:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Well... if you make a copy of the default theme... it looks like the default theme...

afam4eva

Quote from: Arantor on January 31, 2013, 01:01:03 PM
Well... if you make a copy of the default theme... it looks like the default theme...
???

Can you be a little lucid pls...

Arantor

I am completely lucid.

You created a new theme. It inherits completely from the default theme. So it looks like the default theme.

afam4eva

Quote from: Arantor on January 31, 2013, 01:03:09 PM
I am completely lucid.

You created a new theme. It inherits completely from the default theme. So it looks like the default theme.
Most themes definitely borrow some properties from the default theme but i thought when i upload the theme i'm gonna use for the mobile site, it's look and feel will still be maintained. What's the use of having a mobile theme if it's gonna look exactly like the main theme. it defeats the purpose of wanting a more mobile friendly theme.

Arantor

-sigh-

You have to *modify* it. You've created a theme that copied the default theme, so it is going to look like the default theme.

Why would it be magically different if you copied it?

Sleezy

Configriation - Themes and layouts - Modify - Find the theme and click "Copy a template from the theme this is based on."
SMFNew Advocate for SMFNew (Dagger)

alianos

Still, where is the smf_theme? Because from the looks of it, its not in the database!

Illori

it has to exist in the database otherwise your forum would not work.

alianos

Quote from: Illori on May 22, 2015, 09:30:59 AM
it has to exist in the database otherwise your forum would not work.

I have 2 screenshots from phpMyAdmin that say otherwise :/

Any ideas?

alianos

Never mind, I found it!
Apparently the left column of phpMyAdmin has a limit to how many elements it displays. Thanks again and sorry for the stupid question!

Advertisement: